Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion boss defends Oatway [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion boss defends Oatway[/h]6:10pm Saturday 2nd February 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
Gus Poyet does not expect his first team coach Charlie Oatway to face disciplinary action, despite being sent to the stand at Hillsborough today.
Charlie Oatway was dismissed along with home boss Dave Jones as Albion lost 3-1 at Sheffield Wednesday.
Poyet was unhappy with his side’s defending on the second and third Owls goals but had no complaints at the red card shown to Ashley Barnes for a foul on Kieran Lee.
The Albion manager said: “The only thing I know is that Charlie did nothing and he got sent-off.
“I am expecting the Football League to send not even a letter.
“If they send a letter, then I am going to say to you that we need to stand up. It’s time.
“He did nothing. I would like the referee to put into the report exactly why he sent Charlie off.
“I know why. We are away from home and, if you are going to send off the manager of the local team, a good way to keep everybody happy in this ground is to send off someone from the opposition.
“If that is the case, I accept it because that is what most referees will do.
“But that means no letters, no improper conduct, there is nothing.
“He didn’t touch anyone, he didn’t raise his hands, he did nothing.”
Poyet described the Danny Pugh free-kick which put Wednesday 2-0 immediately after Barnes saw red as “the worst goal we have conceded this year.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here