Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unlikely places you've met someone you know

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Few years ago on my honeymoon I flew 5,300 miles to a tiny island I could walk round in 10 minutes, after a couple of days I saw someone I worked with. A paradise island in the Maldives and yet there they were. Small world or what, what bout you?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
After college I spent a year in Australia. For a few weeks I worked in a hotel in Canberra in the cafe. Imagine my surprise when in walked not only someone I went to school with but the person that sat behind me in my form because he shared the same surname as me as well.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
After college I spent a year in Australia. For a few weeks I worked in a hotel in Canberra in the cafe. Imagine my surprise when in walked not only someone I went to school with but the person that sat behind me in my form because he shared the same surname as me as well.

Also, a few years ago I went ski-ing in Canada with my now ex-wife and we booked an all inclusive house that had three bedrooms -i.e. only two other couples could stay there. Got there on the first night to find only one of the other rooms was taken. The couple also staying there lived literally a 5 minute walk from we lived in Brighton.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
went traveling for a year and when in Thailand i ran into an old work friend in a 7/11 style shop at 2am, he was also traveling the world.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was on holiday in Mevagissey some years ago with mother and father in law just walking around the harbour when a chap walked past who was a member of the same angling club in Shoreham as father in law arm in arm with a girl who wasnt his wife.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was on holiday in Mevagissey some years ago with mother and father in law just walking around the harbour when a chap walked past who was a member of the same angling club in Shoreham as father in law arm in arm with a girl who wasnt his wife.

Lovely place Mevagissey...least was when I went there as a kid Blue Anchor Bay caravan park

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Typhoon Lagoon in Florida, 4000 miles for peace & quiet, bumped into an ex student!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was on top of the Kitzbüheler Horn in Austria while on holiday a few years ago when we bumped into some neighbours who lived across the road from us.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Was on top of the Kitzbüheler Horn in Austria while on holiday a few years ago when we bumped into some neighbours who lived across the road from us.

See thats what I'm talking about, my brother went to Australia travelling in the 90's and met a girl who lived three roads away from us in Southwick.

Was loving Twitter last night on deadline day by the way, so...can we call you Vicky on NSC or is it always Edna ???

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite a few years back, on a flight from Gatwick to Amsterdam, my cousin got on the same plane. Neither of us knew the other was going.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
back in '98 i was on a family holiday in florida, while in disneyland, I walked past someone i went to school with, turned round to say hello and he was gone

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have bumped into people I know whilst abroad in Australia, Majorca, Lake Bled in Slovenia and then in Malta a couple of years ago. Very odd.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I was walking down a road in Barbados when I saw a close friend we both waved but when we got closer realised it was neither of us (sorry been on the piss)

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I was walking down a road in Barbados when I saw a close friend we both waved but when we got closer realised it was neither of us (sorry been on the piss)

I suspect the other guy was just being polite!

At a game earlier this season I was quite surprised to bump into a bloke from my Northants village in the North Stand concourse bar after the game.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
tumblr_l724bhUOjk1qd6l11o1_500_thumb.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here