Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Struggling to get a mobile signal at the Amex? Coming to a stadium near you..soon!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Super-bowl-plans-to-handle-30000-wi-fi-users-at-once-and-sniff-out-rogue-devices

When 73,208 fans file into the New Orleans Superdome for the Super Bowl on Sunday, they'll have to follow the usual rules: no booze, no weapons, no fireworks, and no food (though food and beer can be purchased inside the stadium at exorbitant rates).

They'll also be prevented from bringing in any wireless equipment that might interfere with the proper workings of the Superdome Wi-Fi network. Lots of time and money went into giving ticket holders a wireless connection that rivals the one in their living rooms, and the NFL doesn't want anyone messing it up.

.....article continues on above link

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
What's the point of having wi-fi at a sports stadium? Surely you're there to watch sport and not browse the web?!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What's the point of having wi-fi at a sports stadium? Surely you're there to watch sport and not browse the web?!

Trying to check the scores from around the country at half time is a nightmare

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Did'nt want to start a whole new thread, and am concerned as Saturday's game is a bit of a damp squib for us, the entertainment might be watching the other scores coming in on t'internet from the other games, BUT I and no doubts loads of others can get zilchio connection, so the lucky person in any given area who CAN will be a popular chap/ess :smile:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder if there's a text messaging service that gives you the latest championship scores every ten minutes. Would probably cost £2.50 per match. I think it'd be very popular for the last day of season...

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
My phone switches to the Amex feed automatically,works a treat really fast.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Three is top notch apart from the first 5 minutes of half time.
If my brother's phone signal is anything to go by, O2 at the Amex is shockingly poor (i.e. not even able to text)!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Struggling to get a mobile signal at the Amex? Coming to a stadium near you..s

Three is top notch apart from the first 5 minutes of half time.
If my brother's phone signal is anything to go by, O2 at the Amex is shockingly poor (i.e. not even able to text)!

I never had a problem with 3's coverage except for the Blackpool game. I hope it isn't the start of a trend...

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
How does that work? Can anyone log on?

With the wifi key yes anyone can log on.

I was given it months ago and am surprised its not been changed since. I seem to be very popular with people all around me all of a sudden :moo:

Fingers crossed its not changed by saturday !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with the comments about 3. I never had any problems with the internet when I was with them. Last year I changed to t mobile and although I get a full signal and can phone and text with no problem, internet is a no no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here