Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Upson Attracted by Albion Package

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Matthew Upson was impressed by the whole package in place at the Amex Stadium before signing on loan from Stoke City for the remainder of the season.The 33-year-old former England international has featured just twice for Stoke City so far this season and he hopes to take advantage of an opportunity to play regular football on the south coast.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I see this as a really good opportunity because I’ve been languishing a little bit at Stoke this season, not playing as much football as I would have liked. The opportunity arose for me to join until the end of the season and it’s a really positive thing for me.
“I don’t know a massive amount about the club but I obviously know a bit about Gus Poyet, having played against him during my career.
“I’ve heard lots of good things about his management style and I’ve seen some games, which tells you a lot. I liked what I’ve seen and the package as a whole; which includes the manager, the club, the players and the style of football is very attractive.
“I’ve felt a bit starved of the opportunity to play regular football this season. I’m 33 years old and I want to play football. I want to come here to prove myself, and hopefully get into the team.”
Upson has already been impressed by the experienced defensive line available to the Albion boss, and he has fond memories of playing alongside Wayne bridge at club and international level.
“It would be nice to play alongside Wayne again. We played together at West Ham, for England and when we were younger as well. I’ve played with Wayne right through our England schoolboys set up and I know him very well.
“Brighton have a very experienced back line and there are some good, steady experienced players around which will bring some stability.”
Meanwhile, the former West Ham United and Birmingham City player could make his debut against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, and he is already looking ahead to a tough task.
“I’ve played at Sheffield Wednesday as a Birmingham player and I’ve been on the bench against them as an Arsenal player. It’s big and old tradition stadium, and it will be a tough away day.
“I’m fit but whenever you don’t play regularly you might need a couple of games to get up to full speed, but that will certainly come.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here