Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Painter's future in balance [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Painter's future in balance[/h]5:00pm Wednesday 30th January 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Marcos Painter has found opportunities limited this season
Marcos Painter’s Albion career is in the balance – because he has not played enough to earn a new contract.
The Seagulls’ second choice left-back is one of several players out of contract in the summer who are on appearance-related deals.
Painter revealed to The Argus: “I am the same as quite a lot of the lads. We’ve got this year option.
“It’s unlikely on my terms because I am not going to play half the league games now, so really it’s down to the club, like a lot of the players. I honestly don’t know what will happen or what the club is thinking.
“I never worry about these things, because it’s something you can’t affect. I am confident enough, whether it be here or somewhere else, in my own ability and with the things I have won in my career so far that I can do a job.”
Former Swansea defender Painter, 26, has been replaced in the first team this season by on-loan Wayne Bridge and has played only three games.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here