Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Financial Spread Betting

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What do you know about the markets that you are thinking of betting on? Why would you expect to do any better than the other market makers / players?

If you are really going to go ahead, then perhaps you could have a 'dry run' for a week, and see how you get on?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What do you know about the markets that you are thinking of betting on? Why would you expect to do any better than the other market makers / players?

If you are really going to go ahead, then perhaps you could have a 'dry run' for a week, and see how you get on ?
They're all very well but they lack the crucial realism of fear and greed.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

If you are really going to go ahead, then perhaps you could have a 'dry run' for a week, and see how you get on?

This very sensible advice .. Remember its a possibility you can lose more than your original stake , unlike a vanilla bet on the GG 's

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
DO NOTget involved unless you have a very solid bit of info. It is financial suicide otherwise

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't get into CFDs either unless you have no fear of losing everything and living your life out as a tramp.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Anyone ever got involved?

Any tips?

Is it easy?

I think if you're asking the last two questions you should probably avoid it. Of course it's not easy, do your own research and make it thorough too. Make sure you fully understand what you're getting into because losses can be huge

I just started having small punts today.

I have bet on the FTSE to finish below 6298 in March. I do understand the risks, but I am not running a credit account and there is a built in stop at the limit of my deposit (£100 max loss on this trade).

I have always been in and around gambling, and this is new to me, so am curious.....

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have an IG Index account for financial spread betting. Not donen any for a couple of weeks. In terms of the numbr of bets won/lost I'm running at about 91.5% win rate. That doesn't necessarily equate to amount of profit, my risk balance is not quite right yet, but I do know why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here