Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fleetwood Mac confirm UK tour in September and possible new album

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just a heads up for FM fans. I know Chappers is a big fan and certainly one of the legendary bands I'd love to see live. Tony Meloa's Loan Spell and I are gonna be all over this like a cheap suit. I quite fancy the re-mastered Rumours album too.

Fleetwood Mac 'coming to UK in September' | News | NME.COM

Fleetwood Mac are to play live shows in the UK in the autumn, Mick Fleetwood has confirmed.

2011MickFleetwoodPA150312.jpg
The band are due to embark on a world tour from April of this year, with US dates already in place. However, there are yet to be concrete plans for any shows in the UK announced. Speaking to BBC 6Music, Fleetwood confirmed that the group are heading across the Atlantic, most likely in September or October. "We're doing a big world tour that starts in April. We're coming here [the UK] in September, October and maybe a bit longer. We're doing a lot of work here so we are coming," he said.

The drummer also revealed that there is a new Fleetwood Mac album in the pipeline and that new songs will be released online in the coming months. "We decided, myself and Lindsey [Buckingham], went into the studio and created a calling card for Stevie (Nicks) letting her know we wanted to make new music. We had the greatest time and we made some really good music. Then her mother died and it wasn't time for her to be singing. Just recently though she has sung on three of them and we've recorded one original song of hers. So, we're going to go crazy and there will be something out that we will play onstage and that might become part of a long term plan over the next year. Our wish is going to come true and we will finish an album. I hope there is a demand for it, after we throw two or three songs out on the internet, and we might make an album."

It was long rumoured that Fleetwood Mac would perform at this year's Glastonbury Festival. However, the booking of a number of US dates on the same weekend in June appears to rule that possibility out.

Meanwhile, a reissued version of the band's classic album 'Rumours' was released this week to coincide with its 35th anniversary.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Is this fact or just a rumour I wouldn't want you pulling my chain or you can go your own way.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Did you see the documentary on them last night Buzzer?

It was like Spinal Tap only substituting guitarists for drummers...after Peter green went diddlo on acid they went thru a virtual orchestra of axe men.

Thanks for the H/u.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Was watching the 2009 documentary on the BBC this week and every time they spoke to John McVie I thought crikey, he could be Alistair McGowan's brother!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Was watching the 2009 documentary on the BBC this week and every time they spoke to John McVie I thought crikey, he could be Alistair McGowan's brother!

If Alastair McGowan went on the piss for about 30 years. McVie looks like a right f***ing mess.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I thought Mick Fleetwood was a dead ringer for President Dick - he even sounds just like him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did you see the documentary on them last night Buzzer?

It was like Spinal Tap only substituting guitarists for drummers...after Peter green went diddlo on acid they went thru a virtual orchestra of axe men.

Thanks for the H/u.

No I didn't and thank you for the heads up on that. They are a proper car crash of a band. Wasn't there also someone pretending to be Pete Green as well and living a good life off it?

I must bring my boys up to Southend to see the Hillbilly clan. Let me know when you and your eldest want to come to the Amex next and I'll get the tickets sorted again.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
No I didn't and thank you for the heads up on that. They are a proper car crash of a band. Wasn't there also someone pretending to be Pete Green as well and living a good life off it?

I must bring my boys up to Southend to see the Hillbilly clan. Let me know when you and your eldest want to come to the Amex next and I'll get the tickets sorted again.

You know what darling I have a source in the East who I can tap...it's just so f***ing DULL in ESL..I am there for Palace though and any others I can squeeze in between the millions of kids! Been working abroad a lot of late so need the weekends to reconnect with the little uns.

You are ALWAYS welcome here matey, as are the junior Buzzers.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You know what darling I have a source in the East who I can tap...it's just so f***ing DULL in ESL..I am there for Palace though and any others I can squeeze in between the millions of kids! Been working abroad a lot of late so need the weekends to reconnect with the little uns.

You are ALWAYS welcome here matey, as are the junior Buzzers.

WSU where I am gets a bit lively when I've had a few. Usually anti-CMS rants to be fair. You've got to come up WSU then away from the library in the East.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
WSU where I am gets a bit lively when I've had a few. Usually anti-CMS rants to be fair. You've got to come up WSU then away from the library in the East.

Are you MAD? Give up a pleasant afternoon of snoozing among the JCLs and WOATS? Listening to plummy voiced women asking their commodities broking chinless Husbands why they bother coming to "this" soccer "thing" and whining about the lack of a wine list available in the "interval" I kid you NOT...fascinating company as you are Buzzer I think you would find it a big ask to beat those attractions. At least I have plenty of room to myself from the 80th minute when they all f off to Hurstpierpoint or wherever they live before the plebs decide to head home.

I wonder whether half of them know that association Football goes on for 90 minutes as opposed to The corporate Rugby they normally get tickets to from their mates at Morgan Stanley.

Sometimes I raises Withdean Matey. Not very much...but a tiny tiny bit.

:rave:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Even found the setlist:

In the Back of My Mind
The Chain
Dreams
Isn't It Midnight
Oh Well
Rhiannon
Stop Messin' Around
Save Me
Gold Dust Woman
I Loved Another Woman
Landslide
World Turning
Everywhere
Stand on the Rock
Little Lies
Stand Back
(Stevie Nicks song)
Go Your Own Way
Encore:
Tear It Up
(Johnny Burnette cover)
Don't Stop
Songbird

Remember a sea of lighters for the last track.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here