Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday 2013 - Can anyone recommend a good All Inclusive Family Resort?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As the title suggests.. we're looking for a summer holiday for 4 people. I've been looking a numerous web-sites, and brochures, and it's all very confusing, especially getting to know what each resort is like.

The kids will be 7 & 11 by then.

We want somewhere not too big, but enough to keep everyone happy.

Also, we don't want to spend a massive amount - perhaps a 3k budget for 10 to 14 days?

Finally, we don't really want to fly more than 3-4 hours.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only ever did all inclusive once in Egypt which was OK but 6 hour flight and would be over your budget.

In fact it cost more than 3 weeks in Florida with a Villa and car

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Forgot to mention, would like it to near a beach.

Seen some nice looking places in Turkey, but of course I'm looking for personal recommendations.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thomson's Sensatori in Tenerife, we met Wes Brown & Kevin Phillips there ... and Shaun Ritchie! Pricey, but excellent kid's entertainment, great sports hub and spa.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lykia World in Olu Deniz, Turkey is a very good family all-inclusive resort - you'd need to check if that fits the bill on budget, and it will be boiling down there at beach level in August, something to be aware of.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People will initially slate me for it but we went to Bulgaria one year to Golden Sands, without children but there were many families there and it was as cheap as anything in the towns and also very hot. Well worth looking at as we went on a booking that a relative had to cancel but it appeared ideal for children of that age and for us as food and drink was cheap, good and plentiful

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Thomson's Sensatori in Tenerife, we met Wes Brown & Kevin Phillips there ... and Shaun Ritchie! Pricey, but excellent kid's entertainment, great sports hub and spa.

Sensatori Crete is awesome.

Also blue lagoon village kos is of a similar ilk but bit cheeper.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Lubay Los Gigantes in Tenerife, just as Will Hoskins.
We went last year for 2 weeks all inc and it was great. I'd go back but First Choice treated us so badly before we went(after they'd got my money)that I refuse to line their pockets again. You can book direct with the hotel for all inc, but I'm not sure where you stand with the First Choice on site stuff and that was good. Well worth a look. Good resort, good food, good entertainment for kids

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Green Forest Hotel, Hisaronu, Turkey. My daughter was 8 but didn't use the kids club as spent most of the time with the boys playing pool and being in the pool.

Hisaronu is a 5 min bus ride to Olu Deniz beach and the hotel do a free shuttle. Also about 400 yrds from the main strip but you don't hear a thing in the evenings.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We've just booked a 3 double bedroom apartment in Gran Canaria for 2 weeks for our family of four. So much better than hotels. Flights and accommodation £2k.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As the title suggests.. we're looking for a summer holiday for 4 people. I've been looking a numerous web-sites, and brochures, and it's all very confusing, especially getting to know what each resort is like.

The kids will be 7 & 11 by then.

We want somewhere not too big, but enough to keep everyone happy.

Also, we don't want to spend a massive amount - perhaps a 3k budget for 10 to 14 days?

Finally, we don't really want to fly more than 3-4 hours.

Our circumstances are near similar.

I'd be interested to see the results you get. In summer school holidays, unless you are prepared to get boxed in on soft sofa beds, my experience is you can add £2k to that budget once you tot it all up!

Self catering appears cheaper, but with a weak pound, its very expensive to eat out for 2 weeks.

This partly explains the increase in stay-cations.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Sorry I can't recommend any hotels etc but for a short flight, plenty of sun and nice beaches, I'd like to put another vote in for Majorca. Relatively cheap and very nice locals (if you are not a 19 year old piss head)
Met my wife there in 2004 and we hope to take our kids there next summer, probably somewhere to the north of the island!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
You could try the Holiday Village resorts in Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol,it's about a 2Hr. flight from Gatwick to Malaga and an hour or so transfer time.Plenty to do with being right on the beach,30mins to the Water parks at Torremolinos and Mijas,Tivoli World is very close as well,about 30 Euro cab fare there and back.We stayed at the Hotel Polynesia which was very good with excellent food and facilities with the added bonus of meeting several Albion fans who were staying at the same time as us,I think it cost about £3500-ish for two Adults and two kids (all-inclusive).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here