Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa is the new Albion daddy [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ulloa is the new Albion daddy[/h]11:20am Monday 28th January 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Leonardo Ulloa celebrates against Arsenal
LEONARDO Ulloa wants to become Albion's goalscoring daddy after marking his debut header against Arsenal with a kissing celebration for his wife and daughter.
The Argentinian target man nodded the Seagulls level again in the second half on his first appearance since his recent move from Spanish club Almeria.
He celebrated by kissing the name of five-year-old daughter Sophia, inscribed on his forearm, and his wedding ring finger.
Ulloa and wife Maria are expecting another daughter in May. He hopes by then to have built on an eyecatching debut, delayed by international clearance and ruined only by Olivier Giroud’s double and Theo Walcott's late deflected winner for Arsenal.
Ulloa, 26, said: “I am really happy about my debut. I was looking forward to it for ages and now my transfer has been completed. I was very happy with the goal but not the result, because we are out of the FA Cup.
“It was a little bit frustrating because the federation was asking for some other paperwork which I had to find. It was a little bit confusing but now I am only looking forward to playing, helping the team and scoring more goals.”
Ulloa, signed until 2017, has not had much football with Almeria this season and was replaced by Craig Mackail-Smith ten minutes after heading in a cross from Albion’s opening goalscorer Ashley Barnes.
“I was worried about my fitness because I haven’t been playing much but I told Gus I was ready to play for as long as I could,” he said. “Now I am looking forward to being 100 per cent fit and improving.
“It was a little bit hard at the beginning of the match but I understand Albion’s passing style of play. That is very good for me because I can score goals from the crosses into the box.
“It was a very good first game for me but it is only the start. I want to help Albion, to be here for four more years.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here