Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now Paddy Power are looking to open a shop down George Street .......

D

Deleted User X18H

....(Hove) mind you with the amount of special offers they do, it will keep Ladbrokes on their toes. It's on the site of Lion D'or Hove's former haven for fake tans and flash handbags

Also there is a Chicken Cottage next door to KFC in Blatchington Road?? Chicken Cottage is the sort of place you use if you can't find a bin with leftovers in.

No contest here surely.

I am perplexed me.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Isn't William Hill opening a shop down George Street soon?

Edit this : Its not will hill they are already there.

Last edited:

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
It was in the Argus this week. Two applications have been made.

Lion dor and Santander are the sites applied for by two different bookies. If memory serves its betfred and paddy power

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was in the Argus this week. Two applications have been made.

Lion dor and Santander are the sites applied for by two different bookies. If memory serves its betfred and paddy power

Lovely. A Wetherspoons and 4 bookmakers at the end of George Street. Lovely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Betfred going where Lion D'Or is and Corals moving into old Santander shop apparently.

George Street Ladbrokes wad the highest grossing Laddies in the South East in 2010 when I worked there. A lot of money in the machines being the principal reason. Shameless of other bookies to move in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm sure the council are powerless to stop this as well !

£££

They were opposed to Ladbrokes opening on West Street. Happened eventually with predictably higher machine fees. Not doing very well though, may not see 2013 out.

I need to check how much I can say, because I know exactly what each shop grossed in 2010. Now that I have been gone over a year, I wonder what I can get away with. Or would people not be interested anyway?

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Betfred going where Lion D'Or is and Corals moving into old Santander shop apparently.

George Street Ladbrokes wad the highest grossing Laddies in the South East in 2010 when I worked there. A lot of money in the machines being the principal reason. Shameless of other bookies to move in.

Bookies are just amusement arcades now.All they are interested in is the highly addictive FOBT machines.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
£££

They were opposed to Ladbrokes opening on West Street. Happened eventually with predictably higher machine fees. Not doing very well though, may not see 2013 out.

I need to check how much I can say, because I know exactly what each shop grossed in 2010. Now that I have been gone over a year, I wonder what I can get away with. Or would people not be interested anyway?

Council can oppose as much as they like it won't stop the bookies.

At the moment betting shops are classified the same as banks, job centres and estate agents, which means that local councils don’t have any meaningful power to object to bookies opening up as many branches as they like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here