Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: The Amex will suit Arsenal [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet: The Amex will suit Arsenal[/h]12:00pm Saturday 26th January 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Gus Poyet has warned Albion to expect a different Arsenal today from the team that flopped out of the League Cup at Bradford City.

* The Gunners lost on penalties to the surprise League Two finalists last month but Poyet expects The Amex to be much more to their liking.*

* The Seagulls chief said: "This is totally different to Bradford. The Arsenal players are going to enjoy the dressing room more than I did in Bradford.

* "I don’t know if it is still the same but I remember when I was at Chelsea, you were only allowed to have one pair of boots in your place because there was no space for two or three pairs, after you put your flip-flops and trainers down.

* "So half of your stuff was outside the dressing room, the toilet was outside the dressing room. It was a different approach and I’m sure that they wouldn’t have liked it at all.

* "They are going to come here and find a massive dressing room, nice and relaxed and the pitch is fantastic and the supporters are alright."

* Arsenal have never lost to lower league opposition in the FA Cup during Arsene Wenger's 16-year reign but Albion have a proud record against Premier League clubs at The Amex.

* They have knocked Newcastle out of the FA Cup in successive years, beat Sunderland after-extra time in the League Cup last season before losing 2-1 to Liverpool in the next round and have only lost twice by more than one goal in all competitions since moving in 17 months ago.

* Poyet said: "Most of the time at home we are in the game. The players feel the support and we know the way we play. Now that it is Arsenal it’s not going to change too much the way they play, especially if they play their best players. We have the whole squad fit, so there are no excuses."
* Inigo Calderon continues at right-back for Albion, with Bruno still sidelined by Achilles trouble.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here