Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The last leg

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Bloody loved this show during the Paralympics, breaking taboo's, spreading a better understanding of disability and a really funny show hosted by three funny blokes who really bounce off each other.
Great to see it back on 4 and it isn't dissapointing. The format still works without the Paralympics as a back drop,
funny stuff

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Bloody loved this show during the Paralympics, breaking taboo's, spreading a better understanding of disability and a really funny show hosted by three funny blokes who really bounce off each other.
Great to see it back on 4 and it isn't dissapointing. The format still works without the Paralympics as a back drop,
funny stuff

Agree with all of that. Adam Hills is superb generally, the format is spot on, and I like the way it stereotypes the stereotypers.

Apart from having Jimmy Carr as a guest (TWICE!) when he was desperately trying to get some good PR after his tax avoidance/Downs jokes/amputee jokes/all his other shit and offensive jokes, I really enjoyed it during the Paralympics.

Highlight for me was when they discussed a tweet asking "is it OK to fancy Paralympians" and said yes of course it is, then read out some guy's tweet that said "looking forward to 10 days of the strangest wanks I'll ever have", before pissing themselves laughing.

If you ever go to see Adam Hills live, make sure it's one of the shows with a sign language interpreter - gives it a whole extra level of comedy. If you saw his signed live show on Channel 4 over Christmas you'll know that already.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Agree with all of that. Adam Hills is superb generally, the format is spot on, and I like the way it stereotypes the stereotypers.

Apart from having Jimmy Carr as a guest (TWICE!) when he was desperately trying to get some good PR after his tax avoidance/Downs jokes/amputee jokes/all his other shit and offensive jokes, I really enjoyed it during the Paralympics.

Highlight for me was when they discussed a tweet asking "is it OK to fancy Paralympians" and said yes of course it is, then read out some guy's tweet that said "looking forward to 10 days of the strangest wanks I'll ever have", before pissing themselves laughing.

If you ever go to see Adam Hills live, make sure it's one of the shows with a sign language interpreter - gives it a whole extra level of comedy. If you saw his signed live show on Channel 4 over Christmas you'll know that already.

Saw that Adam Hills stand up on channel 4 and loved it. Wasn't the funniest stand up I've ever watched but the way he engaged the audience and the sheer joy and warmth of it all was fantastic. And the little exchanges with the interpreter, like you say, were great.
And as for the gay deaf strippers? genius :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I personally have only seen the adds to he show and sorry old buddy but on this issue i disagree i think laughing at others expense is taking the "p" out of them all the same,shows what a society we have become...

yes i find it funny,but really to make me laugh in this way is when my brain is "dead"... and normally when i am tired..

Apologies for getting all serious there.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I personally have only seen the adds to he show and sorry old buddy but on this issue i disagree i think laughing at others expense is taking the "p" out of them all the same,shows what a society we have become...

yes i find it funny,but really to make me laugh in this way is when my brain is "dead"... and normally when i am tired..

No worries my friend, agree to disagree and all that. I kind of agree with your point about laughing at other people's expense, like little Britain and Ricky Gervaise. They were kind of hiding under the guise of "aren't we being all modern and breaking taboo's about laughing at disability and race" when all they were getting were cheap laughs at other people's expense. Where as the last leg has 2 hosts with disabilities and is contributed by disabled people and often has serious debate about what is acceptable and what isn't concerning disability. The last leg is funny and kind hearted, and that's the end of it :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No worries my friend, agree to disagree and all that. I kind of agree with your point about laughing at other people's expense, like little Britain and Ricky Gervaise. They were kind of hiding under the guise of "aren't we being all modern and breaking taboo's about laughing at disability and race" when all they were getting were cheap laughs at other people's expense. Where as the last leg has 2 hosts with disabilities and is contributed by disabled people and often has serious debate about what is acceptable and what isn't concerning disability. The last leg is funny and kind hearted, and that's the end of it :)

Like i say i have only seen the ads,perhaps having 2 disabled hosts softens things,maybe i should watch it-

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing

This is great cutting edge stuff. It's not insulting, it's inclusive. About time we broke some taboos..
These guys were a revelation during the Paralympics!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is great cutting edge stuff. It's not insulting, it's inclusive. About time we broke some taboos..
These guys were a revelation during the Paralympics!

I agree,i can talk about any subject and it's good to talk,no good being all softly softly,but when it becomes the norm it dilutes many things standards slip and a little more respect and goodwill to each of us is lost-

I mean i could say do you want to sleep with my mum tonight? you could say is she fit? i could reply not bad for a oldie but you might not get much fun rubbing her ashes over you cock.

she passed a couple of years ago and it's by accepting things like that that allow me to say things ,just not my cup of tea..i suppose.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Like i say i have only seen the ads,perhaps having 2 disabled hosts softens things,maybe i should watch it-

Give it a go fella, I'm sure you'll like it. One of the hosts Alex Brooker was born with many disabilities including hand deformities and one of the lityle things he does at the end of interviewing celebs is play a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Because of his hand disabilities he always wins and puts the celebs on the back foot.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Give it a go fella, I'm sure you'll like it. One of the hosts Alex Brooker was born with many disabilities including hand deformities and one of the lityle things he does at the end of interviewing celebs is play a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Because of his hand disabilities he always wins and puts the celebs on the back foot.

I think i will,i was really getting at the blatent feckless of this world,that have scant regard for anything,

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TV doesn't get much better than this (bleeped strong language) :-

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here