Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion duo doubts for Gunners clash [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion duo doubts for Gunners clash[/h]11:12am Thursday 24th January 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Andrew Crofts, could be hamstrung for Arsenal's visit.
* Albion have doubts over Bruno and Andrew Crofts for Arsenal's FA Cup visit on Saturday.

* Bruno has missed seven of the last eight matches with an Achilles problem.

* Boss Gus Poyet has also revealed that Crofts' absence from the squad for the draws at Birmingham and Blackburn was due to injury.

* Poyet told The Argus: "On Thursday (last) he felt his hamstring here at The Amex. We thought it was nothing but then on Friday he couldn't train, so we left him behind."

* Albion had no pitch to train on this morning, reducing the chances of Bruno and Crofts proving their fitness to play a part against the Gunners.

* Vicente came through his first league start of the season at Blackburn. The Spaniard, sidelined since August by thigh trouble, lasted 55 minutes at Ewood Park before he was substituted.

* Poyet said: "He is tired and tight but allright, so he is available again."

* The Seagulls are still waiting for international clearance for new signing Leonardo Ulloa.

* Poyet, confirming there had been no developments on the Argentinian's red tape issue, said: "I can't say too much, because I think I have been quite clear about the situation. I was expecting him to play against Birmingham and I still don't understand why."

* Albion have yet to make a fresh bid for giant Dutch centre half Virgil van Dijk after their original offer was rejected by his club Groningen.

* The transfer window shuts at 11pm next Thursday and Poyet said: "At the moment it's very quiet. We have got a big squad with practically everybody fit and I don't like bringing players just for the sake of using the transfer window.

* "If something happened the other way (players leaving) then we are ready, just in case."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here