Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you RELISH OR HATE an Albion vs Palace Play off final

Would you relish or hate an Albion vs Palace Play off Final?

• I'm an Albion fan I'd love it

Votes: 88 59.5%
  • I'm an Albion fan I'd hate it

Votes: 52 35.1%
  • I'm a Palace fan, I'd love it

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • I'm a Palace fan I'd hate it

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poll to follow

No option for whether it depends on the result, just your feelings should we both end up winning our play off semis, assuming we get there.

As much as I know a win would be one of the best ever Albion days, a defeat would definitely be the worst feeling I'd ever have felt about an Albion result

Worryingly it is a very real possibility....

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Love and hate. It would cement the rivalry, but I'd probably have a heart attack before kick off at the prospect of a defeat.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'd relish it...until we surrender the lead in injury time (Murray header) after battering them all game and then go on to lose

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not sure my nerves could stand it, particularly if it ended up with a penalty shootout.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
In theory I'd love the idea. In reality, the way we have played against them the last 3 times (yes I know, one was a draw), I wouldn't fancy our chances at all so it could be awful.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Obviously, the Albion pricks and the Palace pricks would spoil it before and after the game but during it would be fantastic. The atmosphere would be amazing. We could sing songs of the Wembley arch or something.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even the Palace fans won't admit they're Palace fans in a poll.

I'd love it, but christ it would be nerve-wracking

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would love to be in the play off final irrespective of the opposition

Even if we ended up staying down and Palace went into the Premier League?

Anyone other team and I'd really look forward to it and could stomach a defeat whilst probably loving the atmosphere. However unless we were 3 goals up against Palace I'd just hate it, especially the last 20 mins if we 1-0 up :down:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well we are certainly due a good result against them, but I really wouldn't want a playoff final to be 'complicated' by the rivalry issue.

It would be nervy enough anyway, and I certainly couldn't come near this board afterwards for months if we lost to Palace, as the gloating would be impossible to deal with.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's the impossible question. On the whole I think I'd rather avoid it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even if we ended up staying down and Palace went into the Premier League?

If we were not good enough to win and gain promotion this year I would accept it but this is taking into account yesterday article in The Sun about TB racehorse for the National and they said that he had placed a bet that we would be in The Premier by 2015. I think that we will go for it next season for automatic.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have voted "Other"

Other translating to-

I am a Brighton fan and playing the Arch enemy at the New Wembley would give me so much pleasure,so much pleasure indeed.

Even allowing for the fact that it would still mean Crippled have been there more than we have (well it would be our first ever visit) it would give me heart plapatations *sod the spelling* for weeks,months before,and years after..

We could match there support in every department,both on and off the terraces,i may even sing one of my old skool classic's?

(no i will)-oh i do like to be beside the seaside,oh i do like to be beside the sea,oh i do like to stroll along the prom prom prom where the brass band (huh 100 years ago maybe,perhaps we could lobby the greens for reintroduction of our heritage) plays f*** off westbrom (only 1 team called ALBION) oh i do like to be beside the seaside (ha we can crippled alice can't) oh i do like to be beside the sea,with a (now yo may prefer another tipple but for the purpose of the song) Larger in my hand SMASHING PALACE IN THE SAND,besides the seaside,besides the sea.

Anyway i digress,i would love it,love,i would LOVE it if we beat them (sound a bit like Kevin Keagan now) smash them at Wembley after the delusions they have had this season,would be beautiful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
El Abd wouldn't stay on the pitch for more than 5 minutes,

and by god we'd love him for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here