Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Barnes: It Feels Like a Loss

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Ashley Barnes scored his second goal in as many games as Albion drew 2-2 draw at Birmingham City, but admitted the late Blues equaliser made the result feel like defeat.Albion were heading for their fourth consecutive victory until Nikola Zigic grabbed an injury-time goal for the hosts.
Barnes told seagulls.co.uk, “It feels like a loss and we are all down, but we need to pick ourselves up for Tuesday's game at Blackburn and get the three points there.
“I cannot get to grips with the draw, it feels so much like a loss today and we didn’t deserve that. The result could cost us at the end of the season when we look back, if we miss out on the play-offs, but there is a long way to go.
“We will get back together tomorrow and we will go from there. I am sure the gaffer will have a game plan.”
Meanwhile Barnes admitted he was delighted to see Vicente back on the field and also praised rival keeper Jack Butland, who denied Dean Hammond a winning goal deep into injury time.
“It was a fantastic save by Butland at the end, he managed to keep it out the net and I was speechless to be honest. How did it not go in?
“Every time Vicente gets a few minutes under his belt it is better for us as a team; it is amazing to have him in the squad and to play alongside him. We just need him to be playing every week as he is a fantastic player.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here