Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Bruno helped new striker make big decision [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]How Bruno helped new striker make big decision[/h]12:00pm Saturday 19th January 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
Bruno loves life in England
Bruno has revealed how he gave Brighton and Hove a glowing reference to Albion’s latest signing.
But he has warned the Seagulls cannot use Leo Ulloa like a traditional English big man.
The two former Almeria players were in regular contact in the days leading up Ulloa completing his move to the Championship.
Although they were never team-mates at the Andalucian club, they had a passing acquaintance.
That contact became very handy for Ulloa as he weighed up one of the biggest decisions of his career.
Bruno, currently sidelined by a nagging Achilles injury, said: “I have seen Leo play a lot when he was at Castellon and I was at Almeria.
“I’ve come across him when I’ve been back at Almeria. We have got some very good mutual friends and they always talk very well of him.
“He is very much a family man. He spends a lot of time at home.
“They have got one little girl and they are expecting another.
“I’ve been telling him good things about Brighton and Hove. I’ve told him he will happy.
“We have been talking quite a lot, which is normal.
“He has been asking about the club, the city, everything.
“All that I told him was very positive but that’s what I think.”
Bruno was on the receiving end of a far post header when Ulloa scored a late consolation for Almeria at Valencia two seasons ago.
But he insists Albion must do more than just aim for his head.
He added: “Leo is a player who will bring great things to us. He will bring different options to the squad.
“He is a penalty box player. He is a born shooter.
“We have got Macca (Craig Mackail-Smith) who runs and runs and works hard and different types of players in Barnes, Hoskins and Dobbie.
“Leo will offer more shots. He is tall but he is not like an English big man.
“He likes playing with his back to goal and bring others into the game. He will take balls down on his chest and try to turn and take on defenders face to face.
“He creates a lot of play.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here