Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "car crash in the snow" thread

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Managed to crash my car today, after leaving work early because of the treacherous road conditions!!

Only 5 minutes after leaving work, travelling at about 10 mph, turned the steering wheel to go left and because of the snow on the road, the car carried on straight ahead, into another car.

Been on hold to my insurers for ages trying to report it so obviously i'm not the only one who has had a crash today.

Any other NSCers similarly unfortunate?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Just seen a car slide down the hill outside my house and gently crash into a parked car.
Doesn't look like there's much damage, but the driver did the decent thing and left a note with his details.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've had snow for 4 consecutive years now in SE England. I think it's about time snow chains were made compulsory.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We've had snow for 4 consecutive years now in SE England. I think it's about time snow chains were made compulsory.

Snow here isn't deep enough for chains and would damage the roads, not to mention tyres. Snow sox are the answer

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its madness leaving work early unless you really have to - everyone does the same thing and you get carnage and waste hours getting home its stopped here now so we are leaving in an hour when hopefully it will be quiet!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Touch wood, I have never come a cropper in the car on ice but... Came very close a couple of years ago when I just slid down a camber towards a parked car. Stopped a foot away but the feeling of helplessness you get when you realise you have no control is very scary.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

If they were any good the French would have introduced that legislation by now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Walked the 2 miles to work, as it's not worth the hassle of a shunt.

Been quite fun watching the slides and near misses out of the office window, though.

Some people really do drive like absolute morons. (not aimed at the OP - that kind of low speed loss of control is pretty much unavoidable sometimes)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just been told that 4 cars have been involved in a crash in Heath Road Haywards Heath thought it should be cleared by the time I drove down it. Wrong however, I drove very carfully stopped at the junction, just about to pull away Bang young sales girl smashed into the back off my car. I pulled up further down the road ran back to get her details, plenty of witness,s while we were exchanging details ! bang another accident 5 for the day. Gone home and salted the hill outside of my house. Please don't drive in these conditions if you don't need to.

zoe

Jul 5, 2003
The Mobile Shop Withdean
My neighbour has crashed into my front wall, knocking part of it down. He waited until the snow was quite thick before deciding to move his car off of the road into the garage!! Don't know how much damage he did to his car, he's hidden it away!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its madness leaving work early unless you really have to - everyone does the same thing and you get carnage and waste hours getting home its stopped here now so we are leaving in an hour when hopefully it will be quiet!
Chicken Runner61 - Brighton through and through, and all round decent chap. RIP.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just seen a car slide down the hill outside my house and gently crash into a parked car.
Doesn't look like there's much damage, but the driver did the decent thing and left a note with his details.
Did the note have his details? May just have been writing something like "anyone watching thinks I am leaving my details"

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Are you female?

No

We were advised to leave work early to avoid driving in even more hazardous conditions in the dark. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Walked the 2 miles to work, as it's not worth the hassle of a shunt.

Been quite fun watching the slides and near misses out of the office window, though.

Some people really do drive like absolute morons. (not aimed at the OP - that kind of low speed loss of control is pretty much unavoidable sometimes)

This!

D

Deleted member 18477

Stay safe people if you're using your cars! I nipped out to the shops (walked) and saw a car slide into another. No real damage thankfully for either driver. It really isn't about using your cars in these conditions! Most use common sense and drive slow but you always get the odd cocky twat thinking they're snow gods!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Amazed at the number of drivers who cant be bothered to clear the snow off their cars before driving off.
Half cleared windscreens and snow covered headlights. Tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here