Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance of Arsenal plastics

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than the Doncaster.

I would also say games against Palace at home will be bigger than this one.

and I would even go as far to say Liverpool are a bigger team.

I'm glad we have got Arsenal, but this view from fans who watch games on TV really bugs me.

sorry rant over, just needed to get it out.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Actually I'd be inclined to agree. Chelsea was a friendly. Liverpool was in the cup contest that nobody pays any attention to. Palace might have been but the result was wrong so I choose to pretend that it never happened.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I hope you mentioned the games we've played at The Amex against Spurs , Chelsea , Liverpool , West Ham etc etc

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Just ask them what north London has to do with them? If as I suspect they have no connection at all, then just say ok well by the same account I'm a Manchester United fan!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They are right though.

Most eagerly awaited might have been Donny but this is the biggest.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than the Doncaster.

I'm glad we have got Arsenal, but this view from fans who watch games on TV really bugs me.

4th Round of the FA Cup v Arsenal is bigger than League cup v Liverpool.

It IS a big game, I'm looking forward to it. Especially as if Brum is postponed it'll be Ulloa's debut.

Clearly Arsenal plastics won't understand what's really important. So what? Their loss.

Dec 29, 2011

Ask them how many Arsenal games they've been to see, should shut them up.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would say Arsenal are a bigger club than Liverpool.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It'll be your biggest ever capacity against one of England's most successful sides (except for the last few years) in our finest cup competition.

Comparing it to friendlies against Chelsea and Spurs is ludicrous, Palace have played Inter Milan and Chelsea in recent years and I barely remember what happened during those games, against Brighton however, matches will live long in the memory whether it's a win, loss or draw.

I'm sure Donny was an incredibly special day but there will be far more people clambering for tickets for the Arsenal game than against a team who are now in League One.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think its a bit of a pressure off game tbh. If we lose, no one will be surprised and shouldn't hurt our confidence (unless we are thrashed which I don't see happening),
if we win it's big news. I get more nervous when playing at home in the league

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not denying its a big game and I cannot wait but for me its not the Biggest that we have had at the Amex. biggest crowd, possibly the best team in a competitive game, yes and yes. but it means not a lot in the grand scheme of things win it and i will be celebrating until the Monday morning, however for me the Donny game will always be the biggest game for me.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What does it matter whether they have anything to do with North London? They chose Arsenal because they identified with the team, club, shirt colours, playing style, or whatever, irrespective of geography, whereas us local Brighton fans unimaginatively restricted ourselves to the nearest league club to the hospital where we happened to be born.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
4th Round of the FA Cup v Arsenal is bigger than League cup v Liverpool.

It IS a big game, I'm looking forward to it. Especially as if Brum is postponed it'll be Ulloa's debut.

Clearly Arsenal plastics won't understand what's really important. So what? Their loss.

I wouldn't rest him at Blackburn . . .

It's bigger than the Liverpool game. Arsenal may rotate a couple of players due to them playing Liverpool in the league a few days later but Liverpool on the day rested 95% of the team. Also it's the FA Cup. In terms of cash, the opposition and recognition, it's the biggest game at the Amex so far (Donny was the greatest and my guess is the home match against Wolves in May will be the biggest)

Last edited:

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
What does it matter whether they have anything to do with North London? They chose Arsenal because they identified with the team, club, shirt colours, playing style, or whatever, irrespective of geography, whereas us local Brighton fans unimaginatively restricted ourselves to the nearest league club to the hospital where we happened to be born.

That's imaginative choosing your team because if team colour. The only reason would be because the watched them on TV and saw them winning? Without TV or the exposure from winning they wouldn't support them! Trophey hunters I'm afraid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here