Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New football offside world record set by Brighton ?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
I have never seen so many caught offside as the Derby side in last minutes when their goalie took the Farr kick . Anyone know how many exactly and if its been beaten ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
BAgizq7CEAADWtQ.jpg

[tweet]290520447051763712[/tweet]

Love it!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
was incredibly risky, if only ONE of our defenders wasn't switched on we would have been screwed...Gus or Greer's decision? Bet Kuszczak was bricking it!

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
I've been involved in football for 30+ years and never seen anything like that especially at pro level .

It was quality but don't want to see us try it every week

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
was incredibly risky, if only ONE of our defenders wasn't switched on we would have been screwed...Gus or Greer's decision? Bet Kuszczak was bricking it!

I said at the time, it was incredibly clever as it came off but if it had failed it would have been incredibly stupid!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When was the last time we played a full on offside trap.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some years ago I took a side to COQUELLES in France who had two ex French player of the year, in their younger days, as their central defenders. We got a free kick inside our own half and they lined up the entire team in a line inches over the halfway line and invited us to take the fee kick. They did make 2 exceptions in that their two quickest player faced their goal in case we breached their offside trap. It was very difficult to beat, virtually impossible short of hitting the ball over the top and somebody doing a Buckley and running like mad, but their defenders had a head start.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing but highly risky

Sure something similar happened to England in an international game against one of the lower ranked sides in the world about four of five years ago. Only other time can recall all the players running forward when a set piece has been taken so as to play most of the opposition team offside!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here