Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood, what were we saying?!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Leicester are paying him well. Lets judge him at the end of the season as he can be a bit hit and miss.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He must've improved a lot. He was never bad but never that amazing for us imo

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More accurate question why did WBA let him go, especially for reported around 2m.

Poyet was asked why he didn't get Wood back on loan from West Brom, his answer was that he wasn't given the opportunity. West Brom made all the decisions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He had only just turned 18! Just a kid. I have always backed him to be a top player in the Heskey mould, rated him as a top youngster when he was here.

True. I never rated him that much tho - Had one of those unfootballer like flat foot saddles / running style :lol: Had the pleasure of sitting next to him and Bridders at sponsors dinner few yrs back and he was a genuinely nice down to earth lad (easy to forget how young he was).

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We SHOULD have got involved, that was my point!

Perhaps Gus's judgement carries more weight around the club than yours does. Maybe next time you rate a player you should contact Tony Bloom and tell him about how you feel we cocked up by not buying a player you thought we should and not to miss out again. Or maybe you could leave it the profesionals.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He scored 3 today, but it's not like they were fantastic finishes. I don't think he has any more in his locker than Hoskins does, and I don't think he benefits from a passing game either. Playing well atm tho, fair play to the lad.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Bugger me, he was apparently a bloody revelation today...why on earth did he slip through our fingers twice???????

I think i stated this around the begining of the month .......Only thing we have to be excited about is some 6ft2 guy who know one had heard of.........

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Poyet was asked why he didn't get Wood back on loan from West Brom, his answer was that he wasn't given the opportunity. West Brom made all the decisions.

That's the key point for me really. There's more to signing a player than Poyet saying "Hi Steve, I want Chris Wood" BANG, he's a Brighton player. Plus I imagine Leicester are paying him something pretty special at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here