Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Barnes: Early Goal Was Coming

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Ashley Barnes scored in the 2-1 win over Derby and believes Albion have been promising a quick start...
Ashley Barnes returned to goalscoring ways after just two minutes against Derby County today, and the forward believes that Albion have been threatening to start a game like that for a long time.The former Plymouth striker’s goal helped Albion to a 2-1 win over the Rams and he told seagulls.co.uk, “It was fantastic to open the scoring so early because it has been a long time coming, that sort of start. It was just a matter of time before we got the early goal here and went on to win.
“David (Lopez) put it on a plate for me, I couldn’t have asked for much more. In recent weeks I probably would have missed that with the luck I have had but today I put it away.
“At the end we kept giving the ball away too cheaply and put ourselves under pressure. We dealt with it but we should’ve buried the game long before then.”
Albion’s victory sees them just three points off the play-offs and seven points off automatic promotion, and Barnes is now looking for the Seagulls to be the side that make the push towards the Premier League in the second half of the season.
“We want to finish in the play-offs or higher, that is where everyone wants to be and it is going to be a mad push at the end of the season.
“There is normally one team that comes from behind and sneaks up here and hopefully that can be us, but we are looking to get up there before the end of the season and cement our position.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here