Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak has Cup sympathy [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Kuszczak has Cup sympathy[/h]11:00am Saturday 12th January 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Tomasz Kuszczak
Tomasz Kuszczak feels sorry for Peter Brezovan after his rival goalkeeper was overlooked for Albion’s big FA Cup win.
Brezovan replaced injured No. 1 Kuszczak in the win at Huddersfield in mid-November.
The giant Slovak has been on the bench in the Championship ever since but boss Gus Poyet chose Casper Ankergren for last Saturday’s third round victory against Newcastle at The Amex.
Kuszczak said: “Obviously I want to play in all games but the gaffer decided to give a game to Casper.
“I want to play against a Premier League team at home with a great atmosphere but I respect the decision.
“I feel sorry for Peter Brezovan, because he has been travelling with the team for the last two months and he was out straight away.”
Kuszczak is expected to return for today’s home game against fellow play-off challengers Derby County after keeping a clean sheet against them in a 0-0 draw at Pride Park in October.
The Polish international said: “It’s a big game. We are equal on points with them and it’s games like this we have to win to move forward, definitely.
“We had a good game there which we should have won. We had a few chances and played well. It was one of the games we think we should taken three points from and I hope we are going to do that at home.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here