Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Rubbish article. No quotes (as usual for the Sun) and this goes in the pile with the other clubs Zaha has been "set to sign" for over the last 12 months. We've seen this hundreds of times before.

It's possible he'll go to United, and it might happen this month, but I doubt it. It will certainly be for more than £12m too.

Why didn't this go in the main Zaha thread? This is a nothing article.

Look at this quality journalism too: Crystal Palace want David Vaughan for rest of season | The Sun |Sport|Football

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good....get him out of championship football and let him develop with Manu so he will be an England regular..

We need class players like him in England's squad.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Rubbish article. No quotes (as usual for the Sun) and this goes in the pile with the other clubs Zaha has been "set to sign" for over the last 12 months. We've seen this hundreds of times before.

It's possible he'll go to United, and it might happen this month, but I doubt it. It will certainly be for more than £12m too.

Look at this quality journalism too: Crystal Palace want David Vaughan for rest of season | The Sun |Sport|Football

you are in a different world kid, he is not worth and will not go for more than 12m in this day and age. He looks good at Championship level, but who knows what he will be like against quality defenders in the prem, he was shite when came on for England, shite against Stoke and thats all prem clubs can go on, the deal will be about £8m.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
you are in a different world kid, he is not worth and will not go for more than 12m in this day and age. He looks good at Championship level, but who knows what he will be like against quality defenders in the prem, he was shite when came on for England, shite against Stoke and thats all prem clubs can go on, the deal will be about £8m.

Speculate all you want with silly numbers but we will not sell for £8million. Would be a good move for Wilf though to Manu, But Wilf and his agent know Palace will not sell him on the cheap. The £12-15m plus add on's looks about right.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Speculate all you want with silly numbers but we will not sell for £8million. Would be a good move for Wilf though to Manu, But Wilf and his agent know Palace will not sell him on the cheap. The £12-15m plus add on's looks about right.

err.. never mind.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

dont listen to your board mate, you need the cash and quick. you will sell for £8m and then wont re-invest in the team as you need to pay off some debts.....and thats a fact.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Football has gone made. How can someone without a premiership appearance to his name and so unproven at that level be worth 12 - 15m, it is beyond me. 7-8m would seem overpreiced to me but I guess that is the going rate for potential since that is what he has at the moment. Difficult one for the palace board. Hold out for the silly proces and risk not selling and having a unhappy footballer or risk losing face on the comments made about his worth.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
12-15 million wouldn't be out of this World, Arsenal paid that for Oxlade-Chamberlain. I can't see Fergie paying that though.

What the fucks it got to do with you what thread it goes on?
f*** off to your own board,dirty palace arse wipe.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

This

6 mill for tom ince and our rivals think the out of form zara is worth more than 12.

Croydon twinned with cloud cukoo land

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Million? Surely they mean billion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If this offer is genuine, Palace would be f***ing idiots to turn it down. If they do, then I suspect they will have one unhappy player on their hands. A move to either Man Utd or Arsenal would be great for Zaha as both Fergie and Wenger know how to develop young players and are not afraid to play them at the highest level.

FWIW £8m would be a good deal for Palace, £12m surely unturndownable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pretty much all that was told back in October. The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

All the Palace fans came on the thread saying it will never happen. Hmmmm.

"The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

You may recall sometime ago I posted what I'd heard from a friend of one of the Palace owners.

Well I spoke to him again yesterday and it really is amazing what the club are now doing.

The new owners have been totally shocked by the state of the club in terms of how difficult it is to run it on a break even position. Went into it in all innocence thinking that they could get to break even by using better marketing.

They are predicting a £5million loss for this season with attendances down on their expectations.

They have apparently told Freedman that Zaha must be sold in January and that anything over £8million he will get to reinvest in the squad. Hence the current poster and talking up Zaha generally. If they sell him for less than £8million they are f***ed for this season.

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here