Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Sams Chilli Sauce

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Possibly the best chilli sauce ever created, but does anyone know how they make it, or where it comes from??

Sorry about the random post! :dunce:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not sure but on the burger post recently I put it's so hot I have tears rolling down my cheeks and my nose keeps running but I lOve the pain

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Remember years ago in the 80's buying a chilli burger from uncle sams at the top of west street. At the time i remember it being the hottest thing I had ever eaten

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
its more of a chillie paste than sauce.....sauce I think is runny, paste is put on with a knife/spoon as in Uncle Sams

True, definitely a paste.. Its just so dam tasty, a double chilli with cheese and a portion of large onion rings with chilli sauce is the best thing ever! I don't think theres a burger bar anywhere in Sussex that comes close to that!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm not a huge fan, its just like a slightly spicy tomato puree. I think the best chili sauce around is from Smileys in Hangleton. I'm yet to find one that is anywhere near as good!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I worked at the York Place one years ago and it was delivered in huge buckets after being made up at the warehouse - they never told us the recipe even then

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I worked at the York Place one years ago and it was delivered in huge buckets after being made up at the warehouse - they never told us the recipe even then

Correct, I worked there 23 years ago and it was a Tomlinson secret recipe. It's fabulous

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't have the opportunity to tuck into an Uncle Sams frequently nowadays. Had my last one in Rustington a few weeks ago, my usual being a quarter pounder with triple chilli. My mouth is watering now! By far the best 'fast food' burgers anywhere in the world!!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I love Uncle Sams Burgers. SO delicious

gingertom

Jan 14, 2010
The story when I was working there ( '89 ) was that they'd had a staff competition,a few years before that, to come up with the best recipe and it had been won by an Indian lady who was working in the "head office" by 89. Back then they had 5 shops. Defo a Tomlinson secret recipe though, they never let on what was in it and it turned up ready made in pots (unlike the garlic mayo which was mixed on site!)

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Correct, I worked there 23 years ago and it was a Tomlinson secret recipe. It's fabulous

Certainly my second favourite job ever - not because of the content of the work, it was always just a really good laugh and the people were very nice.

I also particularly enjoyed being front of shop with the mic, although my Jonathan Ross type struggles with the letter 'R' made somebody ordering an Original with Regular Fries and a Strawberry Shake something of an ordeal. Free chiili burgers helped ease the blow though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here