Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking in Coldean and Moulescoomb

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How long before some of the locals start selling/lending out their guest permits at £5 a match or similar??

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Some residents will cash in by renting/selling their visitors permit.

More pressure on the other existing transport options (esp with more seats due). Are there plans for more/new P&R?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So residents of Scoom and Coldean do own the road outside their social housing. Poor show.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Is a map of which streets are affected going to be produced? :wink:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's the same at many grounds around the country now, where street parking near the ground isn't allowed. It just moves the problem elsewhere, though.

I really don't think that permits should be sold for additional vehicles. As others have said, some will cash in on that option. They voted for restrictions on matchdays, so they should respect them. It's not like they don't have drives / garages anywhere in Coldean and 'scoomb, is it? Many households will have quite a few permits they can sell - as well as driveway space!

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We have done it before, why not submit objections, it is still a democracy when all is said and done.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
well that please the residents living just outside the said boundaries.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why not purchase an AMEX parking permit. There are plenty available.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Out of interest, how much would people be willing to pay to park in Falmer Village? I have a friend that lives there and can accommodate 6-7 cars on his plot.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
According to the report the scheme will be in place by June for the start of the following season.
Real shame for those STH who want a quick getaway for a long drive home, like myself

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Apologies for the Nimby's in Coldean, I don't know anyone personally who voted for it, and I voted against.

I already let a fellow supporter use my driveway and park my car on the road, I hope I should be able to carry on doing the same.

I don't understand this bit fully: "each household would qualify for one free resident permit for every registered vehicle and one free visitor permit for every adult each year"

As we have 3 adults on the electoral roll I assume that means we will get 1 for my car + 3 others? Therefore while I currently have one person parking on my drive I will be able to support 4 fans on the lane. Not sure they have thought that one through!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here