Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Orlandi on a High

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Andrea Orlandi explained that Albion are on a high after beating Premier League Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup at the Amex...
The midfielder netted the opener with a deft first-half finish to put the Seagulls in the hat for the fourth round draw.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The gaffer told us we had to impose our game from the start and we managed to do it. It was tight but once we scored the goal we began to play much better and dominated the game.*
"We have had a great start to the New Year with a good result at Ipswich and then another one today. These results have given us all a lot of confidence and we are on a massive high.
“We knew Newcastle weren’t going to play with their best team but they still put out very good players. We also knew they were going to play the system they did so we weren’t surprised at all. They are a quality team and it took us a little bit longer than usual to get into the game but once we did we produced a top team performance.”
The Spanish winger expressed thanks to his team-mate Wayne Bridge who played a pivotal role in the build-up to the opener.
“I tucked inside and saw Bridgey coming up the wing. I always had confidence he was going to get to the ball, he is so quick and keeps himself really fit. I knew all I had to do was get into the box and luckily for me he managed to produce an excellent ball.
“My first touch was good and that gave me the confidence to turn and have a shot. Once I saw the ball had hit the net I was absolutely buzzing because I knew the first goal was going to be crucial for us today.”
Orlandi spoke fondly of his past experiences in the FA Cup and admitted that the Seagulls were hoping for a tough fourth round draw.
“I remember when I first signed for Swansea and we went to play at Billericay, it was a really tough game and I realised how hard the FA Cup is. It’s a fantastic competition that I have a lot of respect for and I am delighted to score and get a result today.
“We want to face the best opposition possible in the next round, as you always want to keep testing yourself and we will be looking forward to the challenge. Whoever we play we know we have a great team here and we will be going into any tie with confidence.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here