Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Buckley Ready for Best Years

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
There is still more to come from the Albion winger...
Will Buckley expects to spend the best years of his career with the Seagulls now that he has signed a new four-and-a-half year contract with the club.
The new deal extends his stay at the club until the summer of 2017 and the 24-year-old admitted that his development as a player has been significant since signing during the 2011 summer.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "The new contract shows a confidence that Gus has in me and it gives me extra belief to go out and play my game.
"I have probably been playing the best football of my career this season and now I want to kick-on with the next four-and-a-half years of my career at this club, if not more.
"Before coming to Brighton I was still learning at Rochdale and Watford and now I feel a more complete player. I understand the game better and hopefully the best years are ahead of me with Albion.
"I'm pleased with the way that the 18 months have gone and now I want more. I feel like I’ve changed as a player and my physique has developed with age.
"As a player on the pitch I’ve improved in many different areas which is thanks to Gus and the coaching staff."
Buckley had an unforgettable start to his Albion career scoring a brace on his debut, during the club's first competitive game at the American Express Community Stadium, and his intention now is to reach the top-flight wearing blue-and-white stripes.
"People still talk about the Doncaster game and that was brilliant for me, for the fans and for the club. That day typified what Brighton deserved through the hard work that the owners and staff had put into the club. I got the two goals but it was for everyone.
"It was the club’s first year in the Championship and we did well, although we were gutted not to be in the play-offs. This season is a massive one for us; we want to get into the top six and I still believe we can. That’s what we’re aiming to do.
"This new contract also shows the desire of the club as they want to nail down the players they hold in high regard. The club is looking forward and we all want to get into the Premier League together."
Purchase tickets*online, by visiting the ticket office or by calling the ticketline on 0844 327 1901.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here