Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2013

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The 2012 version proved really useful for me, so we should waste no time in opening up 'Restaurant 2013'.

Anyone feel well enough to actually eat anything yet?

Wedgee

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good. I love this thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have finally got round to following [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] 's tip and visiting Pitt Cue Co in London. Think scrubbed up urban hipster version of Brighton's BBQ Shack with more imaginative sides. It's very small in size, service swift and the menu concentrates on only a handful of items but its well worth a visit and the pulled pork and ribs are as good as anything I have had before. For the record I had beef ribs, pulled pork, crispy rib tips in a chilli sauce, bone marrow mash (sublime), pickles and a Kernel Pale Ale. Oh, and believe all the hype about it being difficult to get one of the 30 covers; they don't take bookings and we arrived 5 mins before they opened and there was already a queue of 8. We left 45 mins later and every cover was taken with about 10 waiting. If you like BBQ it's a must.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I'm into The Square in Palmeira Square at the moment. Good service and great food.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I also went to Le Gavroche last night; a special treat for Frau. Had the tasting menu matched with wines and it's marvellous as well as interesting and educational. Michel Roux Jnr dropped by our table as well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tried Langalees next door to the Hobgoblin for the first time for a fry up yesterday. £6.50 for two bangers, two bacon, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, cherry tomatoes, toast and a cup of tea or coffee.

Not the highest standard of grub I've ever come across but absolutely bang on at the price and was exactly what I needed at the time, and sometimes you don't want a really fancy banger do you? Plus the service was the friendliest I've encountered in a long time and they seem to care about what you think, they asked our opinion on a couple of things. Nicely done up jonit and would recommend to anyone in the area of a sunday morning.

8/10

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Tried Langalees next door to the Hobgoblin for the first time for a fry up yesterday. £6.50 for two bangers, two bacon, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, cherry tomatoes, toast and a cup of tea or coffee.

Not the highest standard of grub I've ever come across but absolutely bang on at the price and was exactly what I needed at the time, and sometimes you don't want a really fancy banger do you? Plus the service was the friendliest I've encountered in a long time and they seem to care about what you think, they asked our opinion on a couple of things. Nicely done up jonit and would recommend to anyone in the area of a sunday morning.

8/10

Did you have a hangover on Sunday then by any chance?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I've heard lots of good things about this place but I just don't seem to hang around those parts of London Road so have never been.
I must try it one day. Cheers.

8/10

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Al Duomo, Brighton - met Mrs Hut and had a post match meal as the kids elsewhere, not a bad meal bit very poor service

7/10

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Casa Don Carlos, Brighton, 8/10. Very friendly service, good range of food, good quality and value for money. Only downside was it felt very rushed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
La Galleria, Shoreham - hopefully first of many visits this year.

Magnifico

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to Trolls Pantry again and had the double fiery burger. There's a lot going on, it's messy, but scores 9/10. I had the burger with caramelised onions last time; they're too powerful and drown the meaty taste but the fiery is balanced and very good indeed. Make the effort as its well worth it.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I also went to Le Gavroche last night; a special treat for Frau. Had the tasting menu matched with wines and it's marvellous as well as interesting and educational. Michel Roux Jnr dropped by our table as well.

Very nice. It's no 1 on my Mrs wishlist. Is it a bit stuffy? I know its tie and jacket for men. Been to several.Michellin starred places but.none with serious dress codes.

As for fine dining in Brighton thoroughly enjoyed Drakes recently.

Monsieur Wabee

Apr 30, 2009
Cowfold
Restaurant Tristan in Horsham is a must visit place. The guy got a Michelin star in the 2nd half of 2012 and it's clear to see why. Outstanding food and the wallet doesn't get hammered as much as you would expect from a top end restaurant. I'm not a pudding man but last year I tried his 'Ruby Murray' dessert and I've never eaten anything like it. All the great flavours of an Indian meal but worked in to a variety of sweets, amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here