Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt fired up by the rumours [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridcutt fired up by the rumours[/h]9:00am Tuesday 1st January 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Liam Bridcutt says talk about his future is spurring him on to play even better
ALBION ace Liam Bridcutt says he is happy to see his name linked with Premier League clubs.
And the midfield general admits speculation surrounding his future is spurring him on to perform even better for the Seagulls.
Bridcutt has been linked with Norwich, Reading, Aston Villa, Fulham and Swansea in the past 12 months.
Albion's reigning player of the year, under contract until June 2015, told The Argus: "If you are playing well you are always going to get linked with a few clubs.
"As long as I keep playing well hopefully my name will get mentioned. That is what you want, to progress in your career.
“I would love to do it with Brighton. With any job if someone is going to offer you a better opportunity in life and it's better for your family it's going to be hard not to take the opportunity.
“There has been a few bits in the papers and on Sky Sports News but I just want to concentrate on playing football and doing well for Brighton.
“If anything it pushes me more. When you hear there are teams interested you just want to go out there and impress every game.
“I try to do that, try to work hard and put as much as I can in for the team.”
Bridcutt, 23, will have a new agent during the January transfer window after ex-Albion goalkeeper Mark Cartwright took up a post in charge of Stoke City's recuitment and scouting.
The former Chslea prospect said: “It all came at the wrong time for me. With the January window coming up and not having an agent it was a bit difficult but I have found an agent now who I am going to sign with and be happy with.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here