Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've heard from someone pretty reputable (I know I know... :glare:) that we are signing a new striker from Spain and it's a "done deal".

Interesting reading Gus' comments regarding English players being overpriced today, seems to me to reinforce the fact that he'll go overseas in this transfer window.

With the likes of Bruno and Vicente here already, I wonder if this could help tempt a top-class player over here?

Any ideas? Anyone heard anything along these lines?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Our track record with Spanish attackers isn't actually that good though is it?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I've heard from someone pretty reputable (I know I know... :glare:) that we are signing a new striker from Spain and it's a "done deal".

Interesting reading Gus' comments regarding English players being overpriced today, seems to me to reinforce the fact that he'll go overseas in this transfer window.

With the likes of Bruno and Vicente here already, I wonder if this could help tempt a top-class player over here?

This is the beauty of having a foreign manager.... Hes generally not willing to buy overpaid british players and has the contacts to search the globe.......

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Our track record with Spanish attackers isn't actually that good though is it?

Except for the greatest Albion player of all time!....Err, hello?
Sandaza-300x241.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wrong.

Our record with attackers isn't actually that good.

I'd say its MIXED.

I would class the signings of the following attacking players as a sucess:

Barnes (tremendous value) / Bennett (great buy, sold for a big profit) / Noone (huge profit) / Buckley (a steal at £1m)

And the following as poor buys:

Dobbie (seems utterly disinterested) / Hoskins (hasn't worked) / CMS (seemed a good buy, but hasn't worked. If we recoup what we paid - move this one to NEUTRAL)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd say its MIXED.

I would class the signings of the following attacking players as a sucess:

Barnes (tremendous value) / Bennett (great buy, sold for a big profit) / Noone (huge profit) / Buckley (a steal at £1m)

And the following as poor buys:

Dobbie (seems utterly disinterested) / Hoskins (hasn't worked) / CMS (seemed a good buy, but hasn't worked. If we recoup what we paid - move this one to NEUTRAL)

Ahh yes Bennett, well done SLADE for that one, and Buckley was a Stephenson buy.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

was told the same couple of weeks ago,from div2,most would not of heard of him,
but is just what we need ,was tol dit was a done deal,but havent seen him since to confirm

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
With the Basque links in the team, could we possible see this man donning blue and white stripes come January??

View attachment 37962
:jester:

Oh man, that would mean guaranteed promotion to the Premier League. Surely that would repay a big chunk of the fee.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Yep i heard this on football rumours, is this where you got this info from or where your mate heard it from.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With the Basque links in the team, could we possible see this man donning blue and white stripes come January??

Basques and Catalans are quite different peoples. Which of our players are Basque then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here