Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: I want more from my players [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet: I want more from my players[/h]9:00am Monday 31st December 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Craig Mackail-Smith is hauled back against Watford
ALBION boss Gus Poyet has warned some of his players to start pulling their weight as he closes in on a striker.
Poyet has revealed he is on the brink of landing a new front man but Saturday's 3-1 defeat by Watford at The Amex highlighted other areas for concern.
The tenth-placed Seagulls blew the chance to leapfrog back into the top six for the first time since early October and left their manager complaining they have become too dependent on key players. He told The Argus: “That confirmed it. I just need the players that can make a difference to maintain things. We ask too much of our fullbacks (Bruno and Wayne Bridge) and players like (Will) Buckley or Kazenga LuaLua. I think we ask more than anyone too much of Liam Bridcutt.
“It is up to the rest to be part of something important. There are plenty of positions where somebody needs to start performing. That is going to help the others, the ones that have been consistently the best.
“It depends on those three or four players all the time and it's not fair, we are eleven.
“I am not happy, because I hate losing and it was great opportunity to jump in there and be closer.”
The transfer window opens tomorrow, with Poyet declaring Albion are “very close” to signing a striker but “really far” from other deals.
Meanwhile, fringe midfielder Ryan Harley is poised to complete his loan move to MK Dons for the rest of the season.
Harley watched the League One promotion-chasers' 3-2 home defeat against Coventry on Saturday. Poyet said: “Sometimes it doesn't work with players for one reason or another.
“For him to keep playing football he needed to make a decision. I think he has made the right decision, because it would be very difficult for him to play here.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here