Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rules relating to loan players?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can anyone clarify the rules relating to loan players as, according to my calculations, from the 42 min when Neuton Piccoli came on, Watford fielded 7 players on loan! According to the link below, this would seem to suggest they were outside the rules (see rule 52 and in particular rule 52.3.1. I can't believe this hasn't been spotted so assume they are within the rules although I can't see it. Can someone point me in the right direction!

The Football League | About Us | Regulations | Regulations Detail | Section 6 - Players

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Can anyone clarify the rules relating to loan players as, according to my calculations, from the 42 min when Neuton Piccoli came on, Watford fielded 7 players on loan! According to the link below, this would seem to suggest they were outside the rules (see rule 52 and in particular rule 52.3.1. I can't believe this hasn't been spotted so assume they are within the rules although I can't see it. Can someone point me in the right direction!

The Football League | About Us | Regulations | Regulations Detail | Section 6 - Players

I don`t have a programme are you sure they played 7 loan players as the rule states only 5 loan players can be named in any one team,i would be surprised if 7 on the teamsheet went unnoticed

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Is that not 'domestic' loan players? Players from abroad don't count!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don`t have a programme are you sure they played 7 loan players as the rule states only 5 loan players can be named in any one team,i would be surprised if 7 on the teamsheet went unnoticed

Neuton Piccoli Udinese (replaced Hall on 42 mins)
Daniel Pudil Udinese
Chalobah Chelsea
Ekstrand Udinese
Anya Udinese (replaced on 73 mins by Bia on loan from Standard Liege)
Abdi Udinese (replaced on 80 mins by Battochio from Udinese)
Vydra Udinese

I believe that is right but stand to be corrected!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They appear to have broken 52. 3.2 as well. :shrug:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Foreign players are not mentioned at all. Which means one of two things......... Either they are not allowed at all or it's open season on borrowing Barca's B team.
This is something that was obviously not even considered by the brains in the FA. Ha Ha. It certainly in my opinion goes against the spirit of what they were trying to control.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
52.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the provisions of Regulation 54.

It says loan players. That is pretty comprehensive to me. Unless a separate clause states that foreign loan players are an exception, then all of Watford's loan players fall under this category.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought that because they are owned by the family that own Udinese, then they are their parent club, so effectively they are not loan players.
But I may be totally confused.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[FONT=arial, tahoma, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]52.2 Standard and Emergency loan transfers shall be allowed to or from Clubs in membership of The Football League, The Premier League, The Football Conference, Northern Premier League, Isthmian League and Southern League providing the rules and regulations of the respective leagues so allow. Youth loan transfers shall be allowed to or from Clubs in membership of The Football League, The Premier League and the Football Conference (National Division) only. Players may also be sent on youth Loan to the Football Conference (North and South) divisions. This is always subject to rules of the relevant League.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, tahoma, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]People in other countries don't play football obviously.[/FONT]

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
[FONT=arial, tahoma, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]People in other countries don't play football obviously.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Well,whatever it was Watford were playing,let's play that.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
People in other countries don't play football obviously.

Well,whatever it was Watford were playing,let's play that.[/QUOTE]

We can't. We haven't got 14 or so foreign loan players!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think anyone moaning too much about loan system should remember we have a left back who earns £80,000 a week more than we pay him...

Cummon Walt you can do better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here