Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of season predictor

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
OK so I've been bored the last couple of days laid up with the worst ever man flu. Don'y normally do a predictor until well into Jan but beats doing nothing.

Too early to assume too much - can't even figure out the top 10 but here's a starter. I've worked on basis of each team playing a team not in this 10 get the same result so all lose away at Brum .. all win at home to Blackpool etc (even though earlier season results may not have gone that way) it seemed a consisent way of doing it.

As season progresses good and bad runs, transfer acivity etc will then adjust on a week by week basis until we're out of it. Simple Excel spreadsheet if anyone wants it drop me a PM. Might need to double check some fixtures- black is home, red is away

I only got just over 50% of predictions right last year but can't account for "upsets"!!

130101Footy_zps5214f19e.png

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is a pedicor?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My man at the beeb says Cardiff and Hull up,Boro v Watford,Leicester v Leeds as play offs.

Brizzle,Barnsley and Sheff W - goodbye.

And Albion 8th.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A win at Brum would be tidy ... Watford continue to outperform recent history though!

130112Footie_zpsa4283a14.png

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The point yesterday was OK and given Blackburns failure I'm not predicting a loss there on Tues. Prob need to replace them in this but not sure who with ... can't bring myself to look at Millwall or Burnley, even though Dyche has got them going well. Derby maybe?

130120Footie_zps625a3301.png

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The result(s) last night wasn't helpful in the slightest. Can't see us getting anything from Cardiff so hoping for slip ups elsewhere ... we'll need a big slice of good fortune somewhere

130213Footie_zps6e664dc7.png

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It won't come down to it due to the total inconsistency of this league but there's potentially 2 mahoosive 6 pointers emerging

130216Footie_zpsb036a723.png

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There is a similar 'predictor' on the beeb at
BBC SPORT | Football | Championship | Predictor
That Boro away is the big one. We must win it. Also, can you put in on your system a 'what if' whereby two teams in the top six play each other so only three points max are available.

Simple Excel spreadsheet that I made up a few years ago ... I'm not too skilled on it tbh and not sure how to do a "what if" but happy to mail the sheet to anyone that wants to play with it

Think the Palarse home game is almost as big, if we lose that not only is it 3 points gone but might make them uncatchable depending on where were are at that point

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Using the BBC Predictor, I hereby predict the following end of season positions:

Cardiff. 94
Watford. 84
Palace. 80
Albion. 80
Hull. 80
Leicester. 75

BOTTOM 3

Wolves. 44
Bristol City. 43
Birmingham. 43

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Using the BBC Predictor, I hereby predict the following end of season positions:

Cardiff. 94
Watford. 84
Palace. 80
Albion. 80
Hull. 80
Leicester. 75

BOTTOM 3

Wolves. 44
Bristol City. 43
Birmingham. 43

You think we'll get 80 points? Behave!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You think we'll get 80 points? Behave!

I may have been a tad optimistic but there were a couple of defeats in my prediction and (stupid me!) I took Gus at his word and converted potential draws into narrow wins. Crucially I predicted us to beat Palarse 2-1. What's interesting is looking at the games the likes go Hull, Leicester, Blackburn, ourselves and Palarse have got to play ... It's a long way from over. I'm reasonably confident in my top two however, can't see anyone getting past Cardiff and Udinese B.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Last night defo caught me out! Looks like our best opportunity to accumulate points is over the next 4/5 games

130220Footie_zps95dd15d3.png

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yesterday didn't change much except Boro dropping off further and Forest moving up a couple of places. I've increased Hull's points as I think the forecasts I had against Hudders (L) and Brum (D) were a bit daft

130224Footie_zpsa0274e9f.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here