Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Ale

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Not to bad, only 3.6% so I will probably need about 70 bottles to get pissed!. image.jpg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I would be interested to see the effect of the Amex on Harvey's Brewery's figures.
Turnover and profits must have gone through the roof in the past eighteen months

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would be interested to see the effect of the Amex on Harvey's Brewery's figures.
Turnover and profits must have gone through the roof in the past eighteen months

Don't think so, they've been more or less brewing too capacity for years as I understand it. In fact I'm not quite sure how they've managed to satisfy the demand.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Don't think so, they've been more or less brewing too capacity for years as I understand it. In fact I'm not quite sure how they've managed to satisfy the demand.

By increasing the capacity when you have a new pub that guarantees to sell 10,000 pints a fortnight?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told some years ago that Harveys didn't want to increase their production hence they didn't have a sales force that was pushing for more sales because apparently if they did it would move them to another tax bracket of beer production and they would then have to increase their output significantly, which they didn't have the facility to do at the brewery, to make the same profit.

Where is that Albion Ale on sale as I would like to buy a bottle as a keepsake.

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
I was told some years ago that Harveys didn't want to increase their production hence they didn't have a sales force that was pushing for more sales because apparently if they did it would move them to another tax bracket of beer production and they would then have to increase their output significantly, which they didn't have the facility to do at the brewery, to make the same profit.

I believe you live in and around HH, it's sold at the Off Licence in Lindfield:

Beer - Lager

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You should be able to order it online direct from Harveys

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

not sure about that, the talk has been that each game at Amex sales are equivilent to a week. you cant effectivly double your weekly sales without a very large jump in production. unless they've been binning alot of what they brew of course.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

think the grape and the grain on the Broadway has it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was going to start a thread about an ale I have found, but as this is ale related.
Got a selection of M&S ales from a friend for my recent birthday.
One was called Sussex Golden Ale, brewed by Hepworths brewery, Horsham. First mouthful, wow, trust me it is delicious, got more in for Mad. If you drink ale try it, or has anyone already.
Made me think that Harveys and Dark Star get all the publicity yet this brewery is making this nectar.
Anyone a fan of Hepworths ales. All I know is that the head brewer from Greene King took it over.
Treat yourself.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not to bad, only 3.6% so I will probably need about 70 bottles to get pissed!.View attachment 37750

It is often said that people drink to forget, in this case you would probably forget you are drinking. This is the brew favoured by pilots, train drivers, surgeons and bomb disposal experts.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I'm surprised they don't have it on sale in the club shop.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You reckon only 4,500 pints of Harvey's are sold across Sussex each week?

doesnt sound right does it. maybe a day?

anyway the Albion Ale is jolly nice.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
always thought the club shop is missing a trick by not selling Albion Ale, Dark Star and piglets pies ready for cooking. I'd also like to see Dark Star and Harveys branded clothing in there to supplement all the other Albion related merchandise.

Rotherfield Stores stocks it along with most other bottled beers from the Harvey's range a selection from other breweries as well.

A good many years ago CAMRA did a survey which showed that, after adjusting for size, Harvey's was the most profitable brewery in the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here