Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Desire Impresses Lopez

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion’s Spanish midfielder David Lopez scored his first goal for the club against Millwall on Tuesday night and the former Athletic Bilbao player was delighted with the team’s fightback from two goals down.He told seagulls.co.uk, “We responded well after half-time and were getting into the game until they scored the second goal, but the team still showed desire and went for the match and we achieved an important point.
“We had already spoken about who would take the penalty if we got one and if I was on the pitch, it was going to be me. There was never any doubt at any moment.”
The Spaniard was inches away from opening his account earlier in the contest when he saw his curling free-kick cannon off the post, and the 30-year-old also says he feels settled on the south coast.
“In Spain I always used to take free-kicks and I enjoy taking them, I hit it well and it's just a shame it hit the post and didn't go in.
“You have to get used to a new country but I've got no problem because the club, my team mates, and the people in the city have treated me very well and I've adapted quickly. Whether I'm on the pitch or not is the manager's decision and I'll keep working hard to get my chance.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here