Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: Take Advantage of Early Game

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The Albion boss wants his players to put pressure on the teams above...
Gus Poyet feels that his players have an opportunity to put pressure on the teams in the play-off chase tomorrow night, but is not underestimating a Millwall side that has lost just once in their last 15 games.
Albion host the Lions in the rearranged Boxing Day clash and a win for the Seagulls will see them move into the top six, having played a game more.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I don’t like it when the teams have all played different games. I like it when everyone has played the same amount of games but we will have an extra game, and that’s nice if we can take advantage of that. That would be points on the board but we will take it as a normal game.
“It will be very difficult though and it depends on what we do with the ball. It doesn’t matter how much we run or battle if we are not good on the ball. I really liked Millwall when they were here last season and they are in a very good position in the league. We need to try and get closer to the top.
“Millwall have been doing well because of the way they have been playing, their group of players and their consistency. They believe in the way they play and they are doing that for 90 minutes so they deserve credit. They are on a great run and from my point of view, the game they lost was the game they played the best. But that’s football.
“They are in good form so it will be another interesting game to play. We need to know how to win football games.”
Poyet will see his players line up against former Albion loanee Chris Wood at the Amex, who scored against the Seagulls at The Den earlier in the year, and the Uruguayan feels that Brighton played their part in his development.
“We had him here when he was very young and I think we helped each other. He helped us a lot with his power and his goals in League One and we did our job helping him grow up and put him in shape. I’m not surprised that he’s scoring.
“It worked both ways and he’s a much better player. He’s mature, even though he is still very young, and he’s learned a lot about the game. He’s a player we know very well.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here