Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Expects Big Decisions

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet is expecting to make some big decisions when it comes to signing a striker during the January transfer window...
The Albion boss watched his side squander numerous chances during the stalemate against Nottingham Forest and he feels that something has got to change.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There is going to be a big decision for myself. I’m closer to bringing someone in than I have been and after what happened we should be bringing someone in during January. That person needs to be there in the box and put the ball in the net.
“If there is a player who will score 20 goals I will get him. With the goalscorers I have played with they are in their own little world, and when the ball is with them in the box they just want to score, they don’t care about the rest, they just want to score. Sometimes you need a character like that to stand up and score. That costs a lot but we are doing our homework.
“The first half today was nearly perfect, apart from the scoring. If we get a chance we need to take it and if we win games we have a magnificent chance of getting into the top six.
“It’s the same story and I am getting bored of listening to myself. I would like somebody to stand up and make a difference, with no excuses. Then when we are on top we need to finish it off. We seem to do everything right until we have a shot and then it falls apart.”
Poyet also challenged himself to find a winning formula within his squad of players.
“I am very critical with myself and I will say that I need to sort it out. It doesn’t matter how you play if you don’t win and I need to pick the 11 players who will win a football game.
“In the second half we didn’t play quite so well but we still had the best chance near the end when Buckley went through one-on-one with the goalkeeper. That still could have won us the game.
“We need to stop making excuses and somehow win football games. That is my challenge now. I need to pick the team that will win the game, regardless of what the name is. It’s up to us.
“It’s not about what you say in football, it’s about how many goals you score, and we have been poor when it comes to that.”
Meanwhile, the Uruguayan admitted that he was disappointed the Seagulls could not reward the Albion fans today, who helped record the biggest ever attendance at the Amex.
“The biggest disappointment is that I was convinced we would enjoy and celebrate three points. I feel a little sad for the fans because we could not give them the victory and we could not give them a goal to celebrate.
“That is down to us. I’m convinced we will start winning games though. I need to work, see them in training and decide who should play.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here