Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the attention of Mr Barber

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A disgraceful decision by Mr Barber of BHAFC to axe Gully's Girls.

If you bothered to check you would see all the work they did and supported the REMF games for years on end, without pay, because they wanted to support the Charity. A shameful decision and Jo Wilson in particular has every right to feel very pissed off.

They also wanted to donate all of the profits from the Gully's Girls 2012 calender to the REMF as it is a cause they believed in and wanted to support. This made over £ 600 profit for the REMF.

Your decision means Gully's Girls will not be at REMF 12.

Do some research Mr Barber before you make decisions for us !

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Great post Spielberg, they have done so much for REMF - a great cause that many hold so dearly to - and some idiot called Barber does this.

Idiot and I thought he was good at this job!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think there is already a thread on this, US, but no matter.

I'm probably not going to renew our season tickets next season for my own reasons, but I have to say Barber's apparent disdain for this club's supporters is making that decision a whole lot easier to stomach.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Totally agree.

It seems to me that The Albion's bottom line may well be linked with his.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think there is already a thread on this, US, but no matter.

I'm probably not going to renew our season tickets next season for my own reasons, but I have to say Barber's apparent disdain for this club's supporters is making that decision a whole lot easier to stomach.

It was more a personal take on things Simster and directly hitting Mr Barber. He may read it, probably won't and is probably not bothered anyway.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I really don't think Barber is the right person for a club like BHA. I'm all for increasing revenue but we should still remain a club for the fans not a cut throat business.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
A disgraceful decision by Mr Barber of BHAFC to axe Gully's Girls.

If you bothered to check you would see all the work they did and supported the REMF games for years on end, without pay, because they wanted to support the Charity. A shameful decision and Jo Wilson in particular has every right to feel very pissed off.

They also wanted to donate all of the profits from the Gully's Girls 2012 calender to the REMF as it is a cause they believed in and wanted to support. This made over £ 600 profit for the REMF.

Your decision means Gully's Girls will not be at REMF 12.

Do some research Mr Barber before you make decisions for us !

Completely agree. Anyone have Mr Barbers e-mail?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Great post Spielberg, they have done so much for REMF - a great cause that many hold so dearly to - and some idiot called Barber does this.

Idiot and I thought he was good at this job!

His job is to maximise profit. You have to say he is doing an excellant job.

Unfortunately its the fans that suffer

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
so is gullys girls now gullys gang or has it ceased to exist and is their apparent demise a matter for not attending a game? I see and might have empathy for the outcry but I havent actually seen anyone say what is realy for certain happening and why although I presume there are reasons?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Time to be heard, never felt properly pissed for at the club for a long time. I don't want this man at our football club.

If I had more time would get a BARBER OUT banner made for Saturday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really don't think Barber is the right person for a club like BHA. I'm all for increasing revenue but we should still remain a club for the fans not a cut throat business.

The club must not forget it's past and that includes Gully's Girls dancing in the pissing rain in January at Withdean for years on end and supporting the REMF, wholeheartedly. I am very sad and annoyed at this decision, made without any consultation or opinions from the fans, the ones who pay Barbers wages.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I disagree - there's plenty of negative things we've seen him do but point me to one single positive thing ?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

I really disagree. As much as I would love to see the Albion "maximise profits" I also do not want us to lose our involvement for community projects.

It seems we are going in that direction and that is not the club I have loved :nono:

Bring back Gully's Girls!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I disagree - there's plenty of negative things we've seen him do but point me to one single positive thing ?

Negative to us but for his remit to earn extra profit you have to say he is doing what employed to.

Don't get me wrong , the bloke is damaging our club but he is only doing what he is employed to do as much as it pisses (me) and everyone off

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Time to be heard, never felt properly pissed for at the club for a long time. I don't want this man at our football club.

If I had more time would get a BARBER OUT banner made for Saturday.[/

If you wanna get this organised I for one would be more than happy to contribute as,I'm sure , would MANY others.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The problem for any club aiming for the Premier League and to remain there long term means becoming cut throat. The true fans get left by the wayside.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Good thread, Uncle Spielberg.

I hope he reads NSC and realises he made a very poor decision to axe Gully's Girls. They were brilliant and worked in all weather conditions for nothing. I just wish Paul Barber would stop doing sledgehammer things and annoying the fans.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good thread, Uncle Spielberg.

I hope he reads NSC and realises he made a very poor decision to axe Gully's Girls. They were brilliant and worked in all weather conditions for nothing. I just wish Paul Barber would stop doing sledgehammer things and annoying the fans.

His actions almost show contempt for the fans. The only reason he will be on here would be due to his ego.
He isnt a football man and as a result has no concept of what the fans are / feel

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I was talking to a coach from A.I.T.C, they have been told in no uncertain terms that they must now make a profit from running their courses whereas before they could break even! so if they don't either raise their prices or recruit more kids they will stop running unprofitable ones, these are usually the ones from more underprivileged areas.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Perhaps everyone could buy some pompoms for Saturday and wave them in the stands in support for Gully's Girls ! It is the fact the decision was made without any views from the fans that pisses me off the most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here