Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pandemonium Alert - Children's Parade 4th May 10am -12pm - Home to Wolves KO likely12:30PM

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh my goodness.

It's very likely we'll have to kick-off at 12:30pm that day. All games must start simultaneously.

If you live in Brighton you'll know how much disruption the Children's parade causes.

Our eldest is likely to be in it. So I won't make the preliminaries should it be a must win for promotion/play-offs.

Oh my goodness.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Oh my goodness.

It's very likely we'll have to kick-off at 12:30pm that day. All games must start simultaneously.

If you live in Brighton you'll know how much disruption the Children's parade causes.

Our eldest is likely to be in it. So I won't make the preliminaries should it be a must win for promotion/play-offs.

Oh my goodness.
Oh come on now, what's more important seeing the happy faces on the kids or seeing the Albion?:rolleyes:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
They won't make the final day KO's 12.30pm.

It would be unfair on travelling supporters, and the precedent is 3.00pm.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

So our 12.30 kick off at Barnsley on the final day of last season never happened ???

D

Deleted User X18H

Thats a joke right. Stoke 2006? Barnsley last season?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Do they not make them all 12:30, so they can televise any important games

D

Deleted User X18H

Do they not make them all 12:30, so they can televise any important games

Exactly. And of course so no one team fets and unfiar advantage. And to ensure fair play as much as possible I.E Team A loses at 12:30. Teams B&C only need to draw at 3pm

There will no way around this. Brighton really is cut in two on this morning.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh my goodness.

Oh my goodness.

Not a chance the football league will allow a rearranged time on the final day.

Expect a points deduction or big fine if we have to.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not a chance the football league will allow a rearranged time on the final day.

Expect a points deduction or big fine if we have to.

I doubt that very much IF the police say we have to change it.

Can't see it happening though. Most of the kids would want to go to the match anyway

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
oh_the_drama-225x285.png

Will someone think of the Children !

Lush

Mods' Pet
Children's Parade is only 'chaos' between about 9 and 11 and happens well away from the usual football pubs/station/bus routes etc. Even if we kick off at 12.30 it shouldn't cause you any concern, unless you actually live in North Laine or have an inflated sense of self-importance about your family's activities.

HB&B's small town mentality seems to have a real problem in imagining that TWO events can be organised at the same time in the same city. I suggest he spends a bit of time somewhere like Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Bristol, Cardiff ... where they seem to manage this sort of thing all the time.

D

Deleted User X18H

Children's Parade is only 'chaos' between about 9 and 11 and happens well away from the usual football pubs/station/bus routes etc. Even if we kick off at 12.30 it shouldn't cause you any concern, unless you actually live in North Laine or have an inflated sense of self-importance about your family's activities.

According to some old documents I have found, I do indeed live in North Laine.

D

Deleted User X18H

HB&B's small town mentality seems to have a real problem in imagining that TWO events can be organised at the same time in the same city. I suggest he spends a bit of time somewhere like Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Bristol, Cardiff ... where they seem to manage this sort of thing all the time.

Do these places play at home on Boxing Day?

We'll see!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Do those places mainly rely on the transport infrastructure and have grounds miles out of town?

D

Deleted User X18H

Do those places mainly rely on the transport infrastructure and have grounds miles out of town?

I have just bet myself a Starbucks the reply will start along the lines of 'when I used to organise the road closures'........

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I've never even heard of the children's parade, so it can't cause all that much disruption, can it? As Lush said, it's only an issue for those with an inflated sense of their (or their family's) own importance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here