Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] CMS: We Need to Believe

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Craig Mackail-Smith is hoping the side will start to make the most of the chances being created...
Top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith netted his tenth goal of the season in Albion’s 2-2 draw at Charlton, and the striker is urging the rest of the squad to have confidence in themselves in front of goal.He told seagulls.co.uk, “We need to score more of the chances we have created because we could have been out of sight in the first 20-25 minutes and made the day a lot easier.
“Teams are then getting those lucky scuffed goals which makes us have to fight hard to get back into the game, but hopefully we can keep creating the chances and put them away.
“We need to believe we are going to score. It is a hard league with a lot of pressure and we are panicking a bit in front of goal - there is some hesitancy from everyone.
“Everyone wants to score but maybe they are worried they are going to miss. It is just a case of making sure we put it on target, then if it goes in great but if it doesn’t we need to keep working hard to make sure it does.”
Albion’s Scottish international hit the post in last week’s 3-0 defeat to Crystal Palace with the game at 1-0, and the striker admitted he was glad to get back among the goals today.
“It was nice to get on the scoresheet after going 1-0 down so it brought us back into the game. The ball got flicked up into the air and I just got there as quick as I could and hit the target.
“I was disappointed last week to miss a good opportunity at 1-0 but as a striker you have to put yourself in those positions. If you miss you get a lot of stick but if you score everyone loves you. Today I just wanted to play my game and get in the right positions. I am happy to finish with a goal.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here