Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Vote for Second Oatway Ordeal

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Vote for the second and final Oatway Ordeal...
Voting for the second and final Oatway Ordeal has opened after Albion fans voted overwhelming in favour of seeing the club's water-fearing first team coach dumped and rescued from the sea!
ORDEAL B - 'Into the deep blue sea' polled a huge 86% in the first Oatway Ordeal vote. Charlie, who agreed to the ordeals as part of his testimonial year, was told the news this week and is preparing himself for the challenge ahead.
The former skipper told seagulls.co.uk, "My worst fears have been realised and I've now got six months to get over my fear of water. This will*undoubtedly*be the scariest thing I have ever attempted and I'm sure there will be a few people who will be looking forward to seeing me suffer with their cameras at the ready!"
Charlie's sea*rescue*will take place next July and has been made possible by the support of the RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institute). They have agreed to take Charlie out in a lifeboat from Shoreham Lifeboat Station around a mile-and-half out into the sea where he will be dumped and left stranded before being rescued by a smaller RNLI boat.
The exercise is usually undertaken by new recruits and volunteers as part of an RNLI training programme and will be led by Steve Smith and Mark Blatchar, both of whom have over 20 years experience of lifeboat rescue.
The second and final Oatway Ordeal will take place at the Young Seagulls Christmas Party at the Amex on December 23rd. The final ordeal awaiting Charlie is either:
ORDEAL A - 'All things bugs and beautiful' which will see Charlie eat a plate of insects.
or
ODEAL B – 'The baked bean challenge' in which Charlie will be forced to sit in a bath full of cold baked beans for an hour.
To vote for your favourite Oatway Ordeal and raise money for Albion in the Community text either ORDEAL A or ORDEAL B to 70100. Texts cost £1 plus your standard network rate with all proceeds going towards AITC. Voting closes at midnight on December 18th.
For all the latest news on Charlie's testimonial visit www.charlieoatway.co.uk.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here