Assistants: Michael Webb and John Farries
Fourth Official: Carl Brook

League Matches at Charlton
Brighton wins - 10
Charlton wins - 13
Draws - 2
Brighton goals - 38
Charlton goals - 41

League Results at Charlton (last 40 years)
English League One

16.10.2010 Charlton 0-4 Brighton
23.02.2010 Charlton 1-2 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
19.10.1991 Charlton 2-0 Brighton
02.02.1991 Charlton 1-2 Brighton
04.02.1986 Charlton 2-2 Brighton
01.01.1985 Charlton 0-1 Brighton
04.02.1984 Charlton 2-0 Brighton
23.12.1978 Charlton 0-3 Brighton
04.10.1977 Charlton 4-3 Brighton
English Division Three (old)
24.09.1974 Charlton 2-1 Brighton
12.01.1974 Charlton 0-4 Brighton

Last Season
N/A

Head-to-head
• These clubs have faced each other 50 times in the league since 1921; Charlton have won 19, Brighton 22, with nine drawn.
• Brighton are chasing a third successive league victory at the Valley, and won their most recent trip 4-0 in October 2010 in League One.
• It's 21 years since Charlton last beat the Seagulls on home territory.
Charlton
• Chris Powell has guided Charlton to their best form of the season, with 14 points from an unbeaten last six matches, which has lifted the Addicks from fourth-bottom to 13th.
• Charlton are the only club without a penalty in this Championship campaign.
• Victory will take the south-east London club past the 4,000 all-time points mark; they are on 3,998 at present.
Brighton
• Brighton are two points outside the play-offs, and chasing a fourth win in seven, having gained maximum points from every other of their last six games.
• The Seagulls boast a 100% record from Championship matches in which they were leading at half-time, having won all six.
• Should Gordon Greer be on the field for the first whistle, he'll be making his 300th start in English and Scottish league football.

Remember this game from 9 October 2010?
Gus Poyet accused assistant referee John Farries of ‘wanting to be famous’ after he changed the referee’s mind and awarded Bournemouth a point-snatching penalty.
Referee Darren Sheldrake gave Bournemouth a free-kick outside the area in the second minute of stoppage-time after an offence by Tommy Elphick.
But after 10 seconds of harassment by visiting players, Farries flagged and Sheldrake, after consulting, gave a penalty instead, coolly converted by Marc Pugh.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who will be the first to slate Barnes

Feb 14, 2010
Who will be the first to slate Barnes

I thought I just did, how many chances will "Barn door" Barnes and "Headless Chicken" CMS miss today. I predict that between them they will miss three clear cut chances and one of them will score another - are bookmakers doing a spread on this yet?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I thought I just did, how many chances will "Barn door" Barnes and "Headless Chicken" CMS miss today. I predict that between them they will miss three clear cut chances and one of them will score another - are bookmakers doing a spread on this yet?

Another one for the ignore list...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Here's what I'm expecting:
Big Pole
Bruno - Greer - El Abd - Calderon
Bridcutt
Buckley - Hammond - Dicker - Barnes
CMS

Bench: Brez, Crofts, Bridge, Dobbie, Hoskins, Lua Lua or Spanish Dave

Suspect Bridge may not quite be fit. Gus doesn't seem to want to play Crofts and Hammond together. Not convinced he's seen enough yet from Hoskins or Dobbie to see them replace CMS. And Barnes' defensive qualities give him the nod.

Would rather see Dobbie or Lopez in the midfield *if* Bridge is fit, but think Barnes is needed if Calde's at left back.

Feb 14, 2010
Barnes & CMS are better players than Richard Tiltman but their finishing is on a par... they are very lucky they play these days where fans are supposed to blindly support the side and not take the p!ss anymore. At the Goldstone they would have been crucified by now.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Barnes & CMS are better players than Richard Tiltman but their finishing is on a par... they are very lucky they play these days where fans are supposed to blindly support the side and not take the p!ss anymore. At the Goldstone they would have been crucified by now.

Barnes, however, has still scored 37 in 88 games for us (including loan spell). Not a bad return by anybody's standards.

Feb 14, 2010
For those who have a ticket, look around at the thousands of empty seats and ask yourself the progress made in football given there will be loads of Brighton fans like myself who will be doing something else today because of membership schemes and a complete lack of imagination on how to give Brighton a larger allocation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here