Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Calderon: Let’s Regain Winning Mentality

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Inigo Calderon is looking for Albion to recover from last week’s disappointment with a win at Charlton...
Spanish full-back Inigo Calderon wants Albion to bounce back from the 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace last week by taking home the three points on offer against Charlton Athletic.Gus Poyet’s men lost their seven-game unbeaten run at Selhurst Park and the right-back told seagulls.co.uk, “Everything that could of gone wrong went wrong at Palace. First the sending off within the first ten minutes, then we had a strange back line with Andrea [Orlandi] filling in, and then he got injured.
“Everything was going really wrong and then there were two penalties against us, so it is better that we just forget that game because we cannot take too many positives from it.
“We have moved on and we are focusing on the next game on Saturday at The Valley, because we know it is really important for us.
“It doesn’t matter who plays or who scores, the most important thing is the win, to get back to a winning mentality. We need to take our chances in front of goal, but I don’t mind how we do it, even if it’s 1-0 by an own-goal.”
Albion’s defence has suffered from injuries to Adam El-Abd, Marcos Painter and Wayne Bridge of late and now a suspension to Lewis Dunk, opening up more opportunities for Calderon in recent weeks.
“It is good to be back in the side because you train and you train but what you really want is to play games. Now we have plenty of problems with injuries in the defence so the players who have been waiting for their chance now have one to play.
“The manager knows what I can do, I don’t think I have to prove anything. I just have to do the same things I always do and help the team. Sometimes you have to help the side from the bench or on the pitch but of course I would rather be helping on the pitch.”
Poyet’s side have happy memories of their recent trips to Charlton, winning their last two visits including a 4-0 demolition in 2010, with Albion’s former Alaves defender scoring on both visits.
“The last two games we played at The Valley were probably two of the best games we have played and they were also key moments in both seasons.
“It’s always better to go back to places where you have good memories and The Valley is that place for us so we are really looking forward to it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here