Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton is going to be CRAP

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Here's why (possibly):

1) Ashley Barnes. After an (apparently) good performance against Palace on Saturday, I fully expect he'll be in the starting lineup. I'm slowly losing faith in Gus.

2) People getting on the players' backs. To be expected after the Palace debacle on Saturday. I for one will be joining them.

3) No atmosphere. We were shit on Saturday. Completely outsung by the scum, I don't see what 500 more fans will add to it.

4) Defensive woes. With Painter, Bridge, possibly El-Abd, Dunk and Bruno all out, who will we field? We're in for a hiding.

5) Charlton's form. They're second over the last 6 games, we're a good few places below them and will be low on confidence after being so comprehensively beaten and embarrassed by Wilfried Zaha.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm not particularly confident to be honest.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seagull Songs. I will be there and will joyfully cheer on the team I love. I did not want to go to Palace as previous visits have been not very favourable.

...and let's not forget..."You go to the Liberal for something to drink. Find a dead rat..." I think you know what I am on about.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Bruno and Bridge aren't certainly out - not certainly in either.

I'm confident - and I hope this is just a pisstake of the GOLD one previously by WW.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Here's why (possibly):

1) Ashley Barnes. After an (apparently) good performance against Palace on Saturday, I fully expect he'll be in the starting lineup. I'm slowly losing faith in Gus.

2) People getting on the players' backs. To be expected after the Palace debacle on Saturday. I for one will be joining them.

3) No atmosphere. We were shit on Saturday. Completely outsung by the scum, I don't see what 500 more fans will add to it.

4) Defensive woes. With Painter, Bridge, possibly El-Abd, Dunk and Bruno all out, who will we field? We're in for a hiding.

5) Charlton's form. They're second over the last 6 games, we're a good few places below them and will be low on confidence after being so comprehensively beaten and embarrassed by Wilfried Zaha.

Are you Palace in disguise? You think they are so great....why not support them....oops you seem to be on their wavelength.....c'mon matethey were at one time 9 points ahead of us last season and we still ended 10 points ahead of them,we are only coming up to halfway in the season....as Mickey once said.....'KEEP THE FAITH!'

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
c'mon matethey were at one time 9 points ahead of us last season and we still ended 10 points ahead of them,we are only coming up to halfway in the season....as Mickey once said.....'KEEP THE FAITH!'

If you really think that is going to happen again then you are deluded. As for the OP, I didn't think you were embarrassed by Wilf on Saturday. Yannick, yes, but not Wilf.

Here's why (possibly):

Hey mate this is a successful period in the clubs history! Right now we're doing alright, football's meant to be fun so go to the game and get behind the team.Sure they won't do very well if everyone's getting on their back, would you???!!!! Dear lord it is important to all of us but it is a football match after all.
I can only imagine this state of mind is bought on by 'lackofpremiershiprightnowori'llgrizzle' syndrome. Enjoy the long term forsight of the club and gradual progress, you'll miss it once we reach the giddy heights of the premiership. Instant gratification is no good for anyone.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here's why (possibly):

The second point makes you a tool in itself (having a go at the team before the start?? What the..?), while the fifth is simply wrong. We may have been poor on Saturday, but Zaha did sod all. Even the Palace fans were saying he's been poor since his England call up.

You need your eyesight checking.

albionite

May 20, 2009
You're going to an away game to get on the players backs?????

Might be better if you stay at home!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's a heap of "whooshes" on this thread, but the thread in question was two years ago.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Well done [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] certainly worth a try. If it works what a night we will have!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sadly, i fear lightening will never strike twice.

I hope that applies to the referee and linesman on Saturday - Darren Sheldrake and John Farries - Bournemouth, the handball that wasn't - and was outside the area?

Surely moans only work when they're posted by WW?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here