Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

forest fan here!

richie4everforest

Dec 3, 2012
Hi all, forest fan here, I come in peace,lol. I am looking at coming to the game on the 15th with my son, we will be traveling by train into London the down to falmer. Could anyone give advise on what traveling by train to your ground is like? I am coming from cleethorpes so am looking at getting advance tickets to keep cost down. I ask because I have read somewhere that waiting and time is very unpredictable due to very busy trains. Let's say I book a train from kings cross to Doncaster, just what time am I likely to get back to kings cross? The big reason is....as many of you may know, advance tickets are far cheaper but they do restrict you to the set time train only. I would appreciate any help you guys could give.
Thanks in advance.
Richie
Ps, your ground looks amazing, looking forward to seeing it. Oh, and is it still free for train commuters to the game from local stations? (Got that info from "football ground guide")

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You can bank on 30 mins queuing for a train after the game.

If you're travelling on the day of the game, you need only buy your ticket to Haywards Heath. From there to Falmer & back is covered by your match ticket.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Hi all, forest fan here, I come in peace,lol. I am looking at coming to the game on the 15th with my son, we will be traveling by train into London the down to falmer. Could anyone give advise on what traveling by train to your ground is like?

It's fine with a bit of planning. If you have a match ticket it includes a travel voucher so you only need to buy a return to Haywards Heath (about 10-12 miles north of Brighton). The voucher does the rest.

The big delay is getting out of the ground after the game and back on a train. If you leave right at final whistle, you'll have to queue for 20-25 minutes to get onto the platform at Falmer. Best bet is stay behind and have a drink, let the queues die down.

You can get a train direct from Brighton to King's Cross/St Pancras - the Thameslink route - which will take roughly 90 minutes. So if you left the ground at 5.30 and caught a train to Brighton you might be at King's X by around 7.30-8pm (depending on when they go - there's usually a couple an hour).

Enjoy the game, have a good trip.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
You can bank on 30 mins queuing for a train after the game.

If you're travelling on the day of the game, you need only buy your ticket to Haywards Heath. From there to Falmer & back is covered by your match ticket.

Or if you fancy a beer or two in the north stand concourse then you won't have to queue for long at falmer station. Enjoy the day out but I hope you have a 90 minute nightmare whilst in the Amex!!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Hi all, forest fan here, I come in peace,lol. I am looking at coming to the game on the 15th with my son, we will be traveling by train into London the down to falmer. Could anyone give advise on what traveling by train to your ground is like? I am coming from cleethorpes so am looking at getting advance tickets to keep cost down. I ask because I have read somewhere that waiting and time is very unpredictable due to very busy trains. Let's say I book a train from kings cross to Doncaster, just what time am I likely to get back to kings cross? The big reason is....as many of you may know, advance tickets are far cheaper but they do restrict you to the set time train only. I would appreciate any help you guys could give.
Thanks in advance.
Richie
Ps, your ground looks amazing, looking forward to seeing it. Oh, and is it still free for train commuters to the game from local stations? (Got that info from "football ground guide")

I wouldn't bother coming that distance to watch my team lose. Cant help with the travel other than say stay back for a while have a beer and 4 more pies. Like most grounds it is manic for the train and park and ride but it does disperse quickly. Yes the stadium is amazing and although I may wave strangely in your direction during the game you are more than welcome to join us but please wipe your feet before you come in. The last lot trod shit all over the new carpet. You could bring a pair of comfy slippers as standing will be limited for you guys.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
everyone this is what i mean how many tickets have they sold of their allocation apart from him and his son

Two, and they are coming by train so should be no trouble at the park and ride!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here