Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'm sorry if it's negative but the guy just ain't good enough. CMS pace is meaningless when he fails in all the other departments. He banged in a load of goals for Peterborough when they played gung-ho throughout. His miss ratio was probably just as impressive. Clearly it looks like we signed a striker on a record transfer fee based on stats whilst offloading a player who is now top goalscorer in the Championship because of money.
CMS reminds me of the days when we were relying on non-league forwards to 'do the job', Gary Hart was one which worked but clearly wasn't championship promotion material. CMS looks no better.
2 strikers are needed for the Albion regardless of how many forwards we already have. We need a Glenn Murray type player (maybe Austin or Cassidy?) and a composed finisher upfront (Fryatt?). At the moment it's embarrassing what we have upfront compared to other teams. I would actually rather see LuaLua upfront based on the fact he can do everything CMS can do and he isn't even a striker.
Until our upfront disability is sorted, we wont be finishing off teams at the bottom and we wont be competing with the top end teams in comebacks.
All we need is the strike force to match the the rest of the team, then we would be a force, even with 10 men.

Dec 29, 2011
What gets me is that we could have had a frontline of Murray and Billy Sharp for about £2m, but instead opted for one (lesser) player at £500k more.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I didn't go today but I watched online so I got a good view of it all and tbh CMS needs 5 chances to score that's the difference between him and eg Murray but like you I am wondering if he is good enough to step up he never looks that dangerous..in his defence we have not had anyone up there to support him, this would make a difference he needs support and Barnes does not offer this. If we don't do anything in the transfer window its obvious that the plan is not to go up this season.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Darragh McAnthony must be laughing his head off, 3m + for that.......

Its a joke.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What gets me is that we could have had a frontline of Murray and Billy Sharp for about £2m, but instead opted for one (lesser) player at £500k more.

Could we? You were there at the agents talks? Why didn't you report it at the time?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It has taken a long time for people to start saying this. I love CMS effort but he ain't good enough, combine that with Barnes and you can see our problem. Shame that Gus keeps glossing over it....

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Or we could actually play him upfront with another striker? There is a thought eh, two up front?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd prefer it if we had kept Murray (and made a better go of retaining Chris Woods) and not spent all that dosh on CMS - isn't hindsight wonderful?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here