Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Bridcutt: Control Our Emotions

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Liam Bridcutt is urging the squad to control their emotions this afternoon...
Liam Bridcutt has called on the Albion squad to not let the occasion get the better of them at Selhurst Park.The Seagulls visit Crystal Palace for today's hotly-anticipated Championship game but the midfielder insists the team will approach the game like any other.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Every game for us is the same, we are fighting for three points but there is probably a bit more hunger to win this one because for the fans there is a lot more riding on it.
“We are going to go there and keep playing the way we have been playing We are in good form at the moment and have started scoring goals.
“As a player you are aware of the atmosphere and it probably gets you a bit more fired up but you have got to be in control of your emotions out there. We know it means a lot for the fans and the club and hopefully we can please the fans at the end of it.
“It depends on what kind of player you are; for me it is quite easy, I don’t pay attention to other things and just get on with my job and try help the team as much as I can.
“I know there is a lot riding on the game but I put that to the back of my mind and give 110 per cent.”
Albion earned a point from their last trip to Crystal Palace, a 1-1 draw, but Bridcutt feels Albion are better prepared to search for the three points this time around.
“We have had that year’s experience in the Championship and we have added some good quality players to the squad, so we are a lot wiser. We have been performing well and started to score goals so let’s hope we can go on a winning run now.
"But we can’t really look at last year’s performance because now we are a much stronger team and so are Palace."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here