Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Match Thread ****Crystal Palace -V- Brighton and Hove Albion****

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Arguably biggest game of the season so far, and the biggest derby at Selhurst in years.

Npower Championship

Venue: Selhurst Park
Date: Saturday 1 December
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT

TEAM NEWS

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway welcomes back top scorer Glenn Murray from suspension.

Darcy Blake (illness) is in contention for a start but midfielder Andre Moritz (dead leg) is likely to be out.

Brighton winger Vicente is still unavailable after missing most of the season with a thigh tendon injury.

Otherwise manager Gus Poyet has a fully-fit squad to choose from and centre-back Adam El-Abd is also hoping for a recall.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• These clubs have been competing against each other for just over 90 years and there is only one win between them; Brighton leading 36-35, with 23 of their 94 matches finishing all-square.

• Their most recent clash in January was a 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park, when each club converted a second-half penalty.

• The Seagulls have completed only one victory in their last seven against Palace, courtesy of a 1-0 triumph on this ground in October 2005.

Crystal Palace

• The Eagles are one place and one point off the pace, having picked up one point out of six, since the end of their five-match winning run and 14-match unbeaten sequence at Leeds last weekend.

• Tuesday's goalless draw away to Hull, was the first time this season Palace had failed to score.

• The Selhurst Park club are 10 points up on this stage last season, and have won a joint divisional-best four matches losing positions.

Brighton & Hove Albion

• The Seagulls have won three of the last five, and are on a seven-match unbeaten run, since a 1-0 away defeat to Leicester on 23 October.

• Brighton and Leicester are the only clubs not to have lost a Championship game by more than a single goal.

• Gus Poyet's men have the meanest defence in the second tier (16 goals conceded in 19), and have only leaked a goal a game on average in league games on the road.

Referee: MICK RUSSELL
Asssitant Referee's: John Hopkins and Paul Kelly
Fourth Official: Richard Kendall

Let's get right behind the boys for today's MASSIVE game!!!

(If people don't like my threads, well I haven't lost one yet, and if the worst does happen then I will not make another this season)

Seagulls!!!! :albion2:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Come on boys, please please please pull this out the bag for us today. Hope everyone has an amazing day that we can gloat about for months to come. I'll be sat in an exam til 4 then running home to hopefully catch a live stream. Of all the bloody days to have an exam..

COME ON ALBION! :albion2: :bhasign:

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Boy when I get back from watching us beat you am I gonna have fun reading this thread from start to finish reading you squirm....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Boy when I get back from watching us beat you am I gonna have fun reading this thread from start to finish reading you squirm....

And if you lose you'll be nowhere to be seen. The life of a keyboard warrior ay:rolleyes:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

So instead of celebrating a win over your main rivals with mates, probably getting hammered - you spend it on a Brighton forum ?

The life you live !!! I'd be having a better night even if we lost !!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Elliott Bennett ‏@Ebenno88
Hoping my old team @OfficialBHAFC can beat them in red and blue tomorrow in the derby friends in both teams but no where my loyalties lie

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was 'palace'! Unfortunately my bloody daughter has a birthday party this afternoon so Ill be swanning around my ipad in my hand and headphones in my ears and hopefully constantly punching the air in delight.... hope I dont frighten the kids

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was 'palace'! Unfortunately my bloody daughter has a birthday party this afternoon so Ill be swanning around my ipad in my hand and headphones in my ears and hopefully constantly punching the air in delight.... hope I dont frighten the kids

This... I have been thinking about this game all last night and was the first thing on my mind as soon as my eyes opened.. So excited about this game... COME ON ALBION :amex::albion2::amex::albion2::amex::albion2::amex::albion2::amex:

Last edited:

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
doh

Last edited:

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton

Your "BLOODY" daughter ? :facepalm: just the air you been punching? :catfight: Childline 0800 11 11 11 :facepalm:

seriously perfect birthday treat would be take her to match !! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here