Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge set to return for Palace showdown [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridge set to return for Palace showdown[/h]5:00pm Wednesday 28th November 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Wayne Bridge has missed the last three games
Wayne Bridge is on course to return to the Albion defence in Saturday’s showdown against arch-rivals Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
The former England left-back was missing for the third match in a row against Bristol City last night, due to a calf injury.
Marcos Painter deputised again but was forced off in the closing stages by a recurrence of cramps.
Manager Gus Poyet revealed to The Argus: “I am sure Wayne is going to be fit for Saturday, unless he has a setback.
“I’m looking forward to that because again we had the problem with Marcos and we needed to change him.
“I feel sorry for him but it’s difficult for me, because I need to hold one change back just in case he has the cramps.”
Albion go into the Palace clash undefeated for seven matches and up a place to seventh, a point outside the play-off zone.
Poyet said: “We are on a good run and it’s a great game for us. Motivation is not going to be an issue.”
Gordon Greer praised Painter for his performances as stand-in for Bridge. The skipper said: “We train with each other every day so it should be seamless when people come into the side. Paints has been great.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here