Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Hammond: I Couldn’t Miss

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Dean Hammond was happy to see himself on the scoresheet after coming so close on numerous occasions this season...
Dean Hammond admits he was relieved to end his goal drought in the 2-0 win over Bristol City.The midfielder’s sixth-minute header gave Gus Poyet’s men a perfect start and the midfielder told seagulls.co.uk, “It is obviously great to score because I had a few chances lately so it was nice to get on the scoresheet.
“We work on set pieces, everyone knows their positions, I saw the flight of the ball and I couldn’t miss really. It is nice to get that sort of opportunity and hopefully I can get a few more.
“I enjoyed* it but it does not matter really as long as we win games.
“It was good to win today but we weren’t at our fluent best. We played alright, we created a few chances, and we were solid, professional and got a good result.”
The Southampton loanee is now looking ahead to the big game against fierce rivals Crystal Palace on Saturday and says the squad is in a good place ahead of the clash.
“The confidence is high, we have been playing really well lately, the boys are enjoying it.
“We will recover tomorrow then train on Thursday and Friday. It’s a massive game and we will be ready for it and it’s one we are looking forward to. The atmosphere at derby games is always really good, it’s something we relish and the sort of games you want to play in.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here